Steam updated EXE. now game crashes over and over again

FormerHuman

Yeah, i am getting crashes every minute now too since it has updated... fk this *.*

i don't really want to use my backed up exe before i used LAA either...

also, running TesV.exe still opens the launcher now...

edit: now getting error code 51, can't even start it up anymore...

Edited by superjeno

Looks like Skyrim is going to make a nice coffee coaster. :armscrossed:

:thumbsup: Great job steam. Looks like instead of playing on my current PC and getting my new PC after the holidays, I will have to actually wait to continue playing til after the holidays when I get my new PC. I did not even use the laa patch, and this update still ruined my game.

The moment I select magic in the menu, the game freezes, and upon closing it , all my desktop is filled with all my programs running from the pinned tabs on the taskbar? Seriously what in the heck... :confused: The game ran near perfect be for this stupid .exe update. :down:

I am just uninstalling it and waiting til my new PC is here, if this isn't fixed by then it's on to other things, this is ridiculous, and I am not going to get worked up over it, time to shut it down and walk away. Bye Skyrim, was a fun week or so anyhow. :yes:

get out your torches and pichforks were going too rage the steam forums so hard they'll HAVE too do something about it! :dance:

seriously tho, I know this sucks hard, mine is broken too now (I JUST GOT FULL DAEDRIC (hardcore rage) but lets not point our fingers at bethesda, since this is clearly steams fault and their for steam should burn in the enternal pits of hell. *eyetwitch*

get out your torches and pichforks were going too rage the steam forums so hard they'll HAVE too do something about it! :dance:

seriously tho, I know this sucks hard, mine is broken too now (I JUST GOT FULL DAEDRIC (hardcore rage) but lets not point our fingers at bethesda, since this is clearly steams fault and their for steam should burn in the enternal pits of hell. *eyetwitch*

Well clearly it's a massive screw up somewhere, and considering it seems that a sizeable number of users cannot play the game after this update, they'll have to fix it really fast to minimise the effect of this. A lot of people have been getting really, really into this game over the last week - the sheer volume of increasing nerd rage will burn the world to a crisp.

Edited by FormerHuman

I am thinking it may get worse be for it gets better, just have a gut feeling... :facepalm:

This is why I miss just installing from a CD rom/ DVD rom. Never were there this many issues...( I don't want any lectures on how great steam is,obviously that is a matter of opinion)

I did not prepay and wait in a mile long line at midnight release for this kind of sillyness, I doubt anyone else did either.

I may actually buy a PS3 now, if the PC version is going to be a mangled mess on a stick.

Well clearly it's a massive screw up somewhere, and considering it seems that a sizeable number of users cannot play the game after this update, they'll have to fix it really fast to minimise the effect of this. A lot of people have been getting really, really into this game over the last week - the sheer volume of increasing nerd rage will burn the world to a crisp.

indeed, it should be nominated screw up of the year, they'd better patch it soon, or atleast revert the TEV.exe so I can atleast play again. now this is what my gaming experience looks like ''HEY LOOK A D-'' *crash* or *opens door, loads Solitude* gets in solitude ''okay where could I buy that house again?'' games reply *crash* . I always support Bethesda but there testing my patience right now...

Edited by darkprecurser

indeed, it should be nominated screw up of the year, they'd better patch it soon, or atleast revert the TEV.exe so I can atleast play again. now this is what my gaming experience looks like ''HEY LOOK A D-'' *crash* or *opens door, loads Solitude* gets in solitude ''okay where could I buy that house again?'' games reply *crash* . I always support Bethesda but there testing my patience right now...

Yeah no doubt there, and wouldn't steam need permission to alter anything be for hand from Bethesda? I don't know...I'm really fed up with this and I don't know why, perhaps it's a sign of being addicted to Skyrim. But this just erks me to all heck and back. It should be far better managed than what it has been. :(

Yeah no doubt there, and wouldn't steam need permission to alter anything be for hand from Bethesda? I don't know...I'm really fed up with this and I don't know why, perhaps it's a sign of being addicted to Skyrim. But this just erks me to all heck and back. It should be far better managed than what it has been. :(

no, steam doesn't need their permission too alter the exe too only be able too run in steam, since its a steam game. normally steam seems too be an intelligent company, how wrong could I have been? surely they were awere of the issues with the game yet they still decided too patch so that 9/10 people cant play anymore. and yeah, your right it should've been menaged far better. especially from steams side since I have no doubt they could've atleast let us use the TEV.exe for aslong as needed, but no. too be honest, I do not see the point of it either, it wont stop pirating and certainly wont help anyone, I've heard of multiple cases where the game used too run great without the 4GB patch and now its broken. I hope I can find a older version of the TEV.exe floating around the web, and I will make sure too post it here if I do.