Direct casting with hotkeys

sirspikey

I really hate this favorite-system, and having to constantly paus the game choose your spell, wait for the graphics and start casting a paralyzing spell, back to the menu put up the mage-shield, back to the menu conjure up your fledgling, back to the menu heal ... Well I think you get the point it totally ruins the combat experience.

Magic shouldn't be 'equipped' it is either an inner force, a spoken word or some gestures with the arms or all combined, so there really shouldn't be any 'changing' of spells, just casting.

So, my request for the outstanding modders out there is to make some sort of 'bar' where you equip your spells and then with the hot keys you instantly start to cast whatever spell you connected to that key.

I know there already is a hotkey-function in the game but it is really the 'equipping' part I want to get rid off.

Playing a pure caster is hard as it is :confused:

Heck, I'd like a MMO-style skillbar down at the bottom (or maybe at the right side of the screen actually... or maybe on left and right sides of the screen) and able to assign 1-0, alt+1-0, shift+1-0, alt+1-0 and whatnot, 3 full rows of crap, and maybe even an up/down arrow and have a full 10 bars (with only 3 visible at a time).

I dunno if MMo still skill bars would be a solution...

It would ruin and overcharge th UI imo.

But what could be done is that you simply can equipe the spells in your hands AND weapons/shield at the same time, you then assign the use of magic to another button on your mouse or on your keyboard.

Like lets say you have a mouse with between 5 and 8 buttons...

You use the Right and Left clicks as usual for blocking and striking with the equipped gear, and with lets say mouse button 4 and 5 you use the spell equiped respectivly in the right / left hand.

A bit like Oblivion worked,where no matter that you did have a twohand weapons or a shield and sword, you could still cast magic!

But here you keep the interessting mechanic of Skyrim to use two spells at the same time,or the same in both hands.

It would allow a much more flexible combat experience and require less pauses.

And you can still assign a hotkey to other spells so that you can change it on the fly if you want to.

So like i said, we need a mod that mixes Oblivion and Skyrim magic mechanics.