dead bodies have 2 sets of armor

RedGalaxy

So, as the title says, I'm getting bodies with 2 sets of armor... I'm not sure how, or why, but I think I've narrowed down a potential culprit... but, again, I can't figure out why...

http://www.modwat.ch/u/RedGalaxy00 <-- Modlist and Plugins.

During the first part of the game. (The Helgen Siege by Alduin) I've discovered that the Stormcloaks have 2 sets of armor. The Stormcloak Cuirass and The Stormcloak Cuirass with Sleeves.

Looking through my mods, I see that Weapon and Armors Remade renames one of the 2 "Stormcloak Cuirass" in the Skyrim.esm to "with Sleeves", however I can't find it in a leveled list or outfit... or at least, I don't think I'm finding it...

Also, Cutting Room Floor seems to add a Stormcloak Cuirass to the game, but when looking at the mod, it seems to add one to the leveled lists... but it's not named "with Sleeves" (even though the mod adds the sleeved version to the game...)

Anyway... I can't seem to figure out how or why there are 2 stormcloak cuirass in a stormcloaks inventory. Could someone help?

Hello,

One way to figure it out is using Tes5edit.

• Load all your mods.
  • Once loaded, expand mods subsections in the left pane and see in the right pane which mods are involved. Target NPCs and leveled item subsection, make sure you don't have redundant sets of armors in inventories or leveled lists.
  • This is how things work Load order / conflict looser - winner..
  • In the leveled item subsection, you'll have to target the suspected set of armor in the leveled list (leveled item) and ensure they are not either duplicated, or that two mods add the same armor but one of them made a new set using the same model. Here is a pic that can make you understand what you can do. : Forwarding / adding as a master..
  • You may either uninstall mod that duplicates the armor.
  • Either remove some entries in this mod, right-click / remove the whole leveled item in the left pane in a mod to make sure it won't manage leveled lists because this one is redundant. Make sure you're working in the right mod...
  • Either in the left pane , selecting a leveled entry, right-click / remove some sub-entries in the right-pane.
  • Either in the left pane, right-clcick on the leveled entry / copy a s override in a new plugin and drag and drop entries and make a combined leveled list entries of both concerned mods to make a patch, as shown in the pic, but in a separaye file.

I know that sounds complex so try first to make a separate file to make sure you' won't mess your files. Place this patch at the end of your load order and then you may have to remake your bashed patch and place it at the end.
Here is a video that explains it better : how to Make a Patch with TES5edit.

Hope this helps.

I use TES5Edit and Wrye Bash to create patches and sort my mods before I begin any Skyrim/Fallout/Bethesda game. I have a Bashed Patch my leveled lists and Merged Patch, as well as a 3rd patch with things in it that neither of those two catch. (I did give a link to my mod list on Modwat.ch (It's at the top of the post...))

My problem, as I've stated is such.

--2 cuirasses in the inventory. One with Sleeves, one without.

--Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade has 2 cuirass, (ArmorStormcloakCuirass "Stormcloak Cuirass" [ARMO:000A6D7B]) and (ArmorStormcloakCuirassSleeves "Stormcloak Cuirass with Sleeves" [ARMO:000AD5A0]) but doesn't touch any Stormcloak related leveled lists...

--Another mod adds a cuirass to the leveled list, but it isn't named "with sleeves", and neither is the other one

----The first cuirass (ArmorStormcloakCuirass "Stormcloak Cuirass" [ARMO:000A6D7B]) is added to the Bashed Patch by The Complete Crafting Overhaul.

----The next cuirass (CRFArmorStormcloakCuirass [LVLI:0F02D151]) is added to the Bashed Patch by Cutting Room Floor.

------LVLI:0F02D151, when I search for it, leads me to another leveled list created by Cutting Room Floor, but isn't touched by the Bashed Patch or any other mod... and I think I found the problem...

Okay, so it's a leveled list inside a leveled list. I don't know if that is normal, however, it has 2 cuirass inside it. (ArmorStormcloakCuirass "Stormcloak Cuirass" [ARMO:000A6D7B]) and (ArmorStormcloakCuirassSleeves "Stormcloak Cuirass" [ARMO:000AD5A0]) which is the same one altered by Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade...

So, then do I remove the Leveled List from the Leveled List, or do I remove the item? In TES5Edit, the Item [ARM0:000A6D7B] is colored red, so I assume that means no good, but that may not be true... Also, I'll want probably check other leveled lists and see if any of them are having the same issue...

Anyway, which one do I get rid of, in the leveled list, to stop the duplicate armors? The ARMO record or the LVLI record?

<So, then do I remove the Leveled List from the Leveled List> I don't know for skyrim but in Fallout3 this kind of thing was russian roulette and regularly, you had 2 items in the inventory for the price of one.

<the Item [ARM0:000A6D7B] is colored red, so I assume that means no good> = conflict looser = won't be applied, see the pic above. Focus on what is green instead, as your problem is what is applied. Once things will be corrected, the bashed patch will manage the remaining conflicts.

I don't know what is the best decision but make it as simple as possible, (try to simpliy leveled lists). Ensure there won't be 2 items, even with differents ID, but that could result in 2x the same model in the same inventory. I know that's not easy but good luck.

Good hunting.

However, both of these items are in the Bashed Patch leveled list for the 3 StormcloakSet Leveled Lists... and I have a feeling (and nothing more than that, as I don't know how to read Leveled Lists) that since they are both in the leveled list that this is the reason that both armors are appearing on the corpses. However, if I were to remove one of them, than there is a chance that it'll fix the issue and either they'll all have the regular "Stormcloak Cuirass" or they should have a 50/50 split between the "Stormcloak Cuirass" and "Stormcloak Cuirass with Sleeves"...

Sadly, with my fear of messing up something, I was hoping for help on knowing which would be best to remove (Even if I have a back up and test it myself... (I've always preferred to ask before I do something I don't normally do, as far as modding is concerned.)