Game constantly crashing after 5-10 mins...

Cybordania

Long story short, lotsa mods, all working great, plays fine for weeks then BAM!!! Last 3 days crashes over & over repeatedly. I deleted game and reloaded fresh 3 times so far, checked all my mods bit by bit to see any noticeable conflicts and haven't found any yet. These are the same mods i've been using forever except for a few. (those were the first to go) I even played for a bit with nothing but Vanilla game and same thing even on new fresh saves. Checked and verified all files thru Steam, checked all mods thru FO4Edit, fixed some red files there, (worked a bit better after that) yet still having issues.

I have done all I know how to do and can't figure it out and Bethesda is no help at all. I love this game but I'm tired of banging my head against a wall.

My questions for you extremely, well mannered intelligent gamers (so sucking up here :) ) is;

Any ideas or suggestions that could help fix this constant crashing issue?

Also, is there a Save limit size in FO4? just curious about this one (my latest file is 43000kb roughly)

Last one, is it just me or did F4SE NOT start Steam before? Seems to be loading Steam now every time I use F4SE.

I'm as frustrated as you are with this problem. NOBODY seems to have an answer. My game is crashing during the sixth or seventh cell change. I'm now having to save before entering a door or place that causes a cell change (like fast traveling for example). Nobody has offered a solution except the standard stuff that everyone throws at a problem. I only have 22 mods and have tested each. No problem with the mods. This started happening to me right after the 1.6 update of the game. I'm convinced that it is a Bethesda screw up with that update. If you've done any research on this issue on the web, you will see that you are not alone with this issue, and you will also see that there is no definitive solution. It is frustrating as hell.

Oh trust me, I spent about 2 days on the web and looking at all my mods to try and fix. Only solution I've found at the moment is to dump all mods, play vanilla for a bit to see if problem persists. I honestly hope that it is mod based cause if not then that just opens up a WHOLE NEW can of worms to deal with. If not, GREAT!!!! ( and so far been playing vanilla all day with no "Save crash" ). Now comes the hard part. slowly introducing 1 mod at a time to see which ones either crash me or conflict with one another. With my luck the mod that crashes me will be that ONE MOD I REALLY WANT TO KEEP! lolz

Ya my issue started about 6-10 days ago i think so not too long after 1.6 patch but that happens. Bad part is that it persists sooo damn long with Bethesda. Oh well, what can you do? Thank god for the forums.

Sad as it is, its good to know I'm not alone in this. Good Luck with getting yours working right too.

Cheers!

If I do, yes but looks like it may be that every pre- Vault DLC save is somehow corrupted and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Reloaded game completely (removed all local game files from puter. Steam. plugins, Documents etc., etc.)

Even did an IOBIT Registry removal to completely remove game from system, no luck. Old toons with saved Saves still crash after 5-10 mins.. Started new toon and have had no issues with her at all. Played both sets of toons with no mods and same results. Old crashes, new no prob. Not looking good atm.

Gonna keep trying though. I have over 2400hrs worth of work in those old saves. Too much to lose but I may have to start all over again. sigh