Dual Casting Perk Adjustment

ace4sure

Hi.

I have been wondering what numbers are actually behind the dual casting perks for the diffrent magic shools. So i looked around and google told me this:

Dual Casting = 2.8x Magicka Consumption

Dual Casting = 2.2x Damage Increase

I am not able to check it for myself but i read those numbers at 2 diffrent spots so i will take that (feel free to ceck yourself if you are able to).

The description of the perk says:

Dual casting a <Spell School> spell overcharges the effects into an even more powerful version

I dont see how this actually makes dual casting "more powerful".

I wouldn't consider a 20% bad in general, but with that high Magicka consumption ita a more of downgrade after all.

My first tought was: "the numbers might be flipped by the devs, so it should be like 80% more damage and 20% more cost". But then again that might be too overpowered.

Since i have no clue how to mod without an Creation Kit out by now, i was hoping someone could make a little mod which changes these values.

If just flipping the values is to overpowered i was thinking about smth like +40% damage and + 20% cost.

So what do you think ?

Regards, ace.

That's right, Destruction and only Destruction offers this Perk:

-> Impact (Req: 40 skill, Dual Casting) - Most destruction spells will stagger an opponent when dual cast.

But I am talking about the Dual Casting Perk found in all magic school trees.

The mod from the 1st link seems to be simply put together by other mods. actually from the 2nd mod Deadxpixels posted and a 3rd one i found.

All of them focus on Destruction only.

Since i am not able to do it myself i ask for a mod changing the Dual Cast perk effects for every mgic school:

from

Magicka Cost = 2.80

Effect Bonus = 2.20

to

Magicka Cost = 2.20 / 2.10 / 2.30

Effect Bonus = 2.40 / 2.40 / 2.60

(Whatever feels balanced out the most)

That's right, Destruction and only Destruction offers this Perk:

-> Impact (Req: 40 skill, Dual Casting) - Most destruction spells will stagger an opponent when dual cast.

But I am talking about the Dual Casting Perk found in all magic school trees.

The mod from the 1st link seems to be simply put together by other mods. actually from the 2nd mod Deadxpixels posted and a 3rd one i found.

All of them focus on Destruction only.

Since i am not able to do it myself i ask for a mod changing the Dual Cast perk effects for every mgic school:

from

Magicka Cost = 2.80

Effect Bonus = 2.20

to

Magicka Cost = 2.20 / 2.10 / 2.30

Effect Bonus = 2.40 / 2.40 / 2.60

(Whatever feels balanced out the most)

This should let you do the above: Dual Casting Choices