So what I think may have happened to the Dwemer

Sabi

Kind of out-of-game-info. So the aliens made up their mind. Okay. Still in-game its yet open, so they might change their mind if they wanted to.

I found the Daggerfall/Morrowind Lore to be quite complicated anyway, and its not bad for Skyrim to be somewhat more simple minded. Albeit it doesn't truely fit all the hints there are, I liked to think about it that way, that creating a god comes with a hugh price. The Dwemer paid their one with their genocide, the Dunmer got it a little cheaper with getting their eyes marked.

In a world of magic and devines, it wouldn't even be that impossible to make a dwarf again out of some golden skin...

Edited by faifh

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of out-of-game-info. So the aliens made up their mind. Okay. Still in-game its yet open, so they might change their mind if they wanted to.

I found the Daggerfall/Morrowind Lore to be quite complicated anyway, and its not bad for Skyrim to be somewhat more simple minded. Albeit it doesn't truely fit all the hints there are, I liked to think about it that way, that creating a god comes with a hugh price. The Dwemer paid their one with their genocide, the Dunmer got it a little cheaper with getting their eyes marked.

In a world of magic and devines, it wouldn't even be that impossible to make a dwarf again out of some golden skin...

It would considering Numidium is GONE.

It was annihilated by the Underking at the end of Daggerfall after it made all 8 endings merge into one.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Regardless of the interpretitive differance between a God/Computer/Aliens, the reality of the situation is the world of the TES universe is infinately mutable. The Dwemer COULD return, particularly if a CHIM wished it so. Then again, all the Foresworn could turn into leprecauns if a CHIM wished it.

As it stands, the only thing we know for sure is the Dwemer are gone, bound most likely to the Numidium and then destroyed with the golem. Whether or not they are perminantly gone remains to be seen.

I got a nice story idea. So their bodies were utterly destroyed, but what happened to their souls in the very process? Lets say they where in some Limbo. Now antagonist gets these souls and puts them back into dwemer-like machines. Would very much fit the dwemer-theme.