[Planned] Travel to Cyrodiil Mod

Diabolickal

Nothing says that the bulk of completion has to be done before a release, some of you aren't seeing this objectively.

There will be a lot of houses/quests/areas modded into the game anyway just like in Oblivion, there's no reason that people can't focus on creating parts of the cyrodiil map, populating them, and adding quests and other things just like any of those other mods. The thing that will make it awe inspiring is if enough of the people doing this collaborate so that they are able to be linked together as they are completed.

People can start at the point where skyrim ends and expand outward which would be cool, but there's no reason anyone can't choose whatever place interests them and simply offer some method to travel there.

No matter what seeing a war torn cyrodiil after 200 years can and probably will be very interesting and fun.

P.S. Ayleid ruins... I miss my welkynd(sp?) stones lol.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP

You kind sir have my support!

Finally, an arena ! in cyrodiil. Kvatch after 200 years?

I have to ask, how do you plan on doing this with a team or such? if you get people to help, how did you plan to merge the files, would you have to make your own esp?

I guess we'll have to wait for creation kit.

How do you plan on handling keeping the content consistent over the different parts of the project? The cities aren't indipendent(hopefully) so how are you going to make sure that the different cities don't say stupid stuff about each other. Like a citizen of the Imperial City saying that Bravil is beautiful this time of year, while Bravil has ceased to exist 50 years ago ... or has become a giant prison ... or well something like that. Is there going to be a wiki about which city evolved in what way or something like that?

I suggest that you take a very different approach to this. Instead of setting your goal as building all of Cyrodiil, try gradually extending the borders of Skyrim to the south. This does three things for your mod:

•  
  • If you give up partway through, you have still generated playable content that meshes perfectly with the base game.
  • You have a constant supply of testers, because you are producing playable content in its near-finished form, so people will play it because they want to, not just because they're trying to help you.
  • You start with an environment similar to Skyrim, allowing you to reuse existing content without much change. As you extend southwards, you can do new types of things gradually, rather than jumping in headfirst.

edit: I can count, I can, I can!

Edited by Aluminumfoil

Guest deleted3176977

I suggest that you take a very different approach to this. Instead of setting your goal as building all of Cyrodiil, try gradually extending the borders of Skyrim to the south.

strongly agree. Maybe start with the wilds around bruma then do bruma?

or start with the cheydinhal corner, access via walking from riften.

Nothing says that the bulk of completion has to be done before a release, some of you aren't seeing this objectively.

There will be a lot of houses/quests/areas modded into the game anyway just like in Oblivion, there's no reason that people can't focus on creating parts of the cyrodiil map, populating them, and adding quests and other things just like any of those other mods. The thing that will make it awe inspiring is if enough of the people doing this collaborate so that they are able to be linked together as they are completed.

People can start at the point where skyrim ends and expand outward which would be cool, but there's no reason anyone can't choose whatever place interests them and simply offer some method to travel there.

No matter what seeing a war torn cyrodiil after 200 years can and probably will be very interesting and fun.

P.S. Ayleid ruins... I miss my welkynd(sp?) stones lol.

I agree with this, I do have one person with me already and we're brainstorming a lot of things.

And it appears that 2 more people want to help :D.

we're gonna go about this with baby steps, baby steps: grid square by grid square, to reach the first goal: the land of Cyrodiil, once we accomplish that then we can start putting stuff into it. NPCs, enemies, quests, etc.

And we aren't just re-creating Cyrodiil (even though thats partially the main goal). But we're going to take some creative license and make Cyrodiil how we in vision it 200 years later.

Did Kvatch get rebuilt? What about all the other towns? Was it effected by the Dragons returning? This is where the originality comes in.

One thing that might be a good idea while your waiting for the construction kit is to put together a list of all the documented changes that happened to Cyrodiil in the past 200 years. You could probably get a lot of that off UESP. Then maybe do some basic planning on the theme and such of each city. Major landmarks should still exist and the basic layout and style of each city should be about the same.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fourth_Era#4E_0

Have you considered asking the Unique Landscapes guys if you can import their work? I don't think the landscape would have changed much so that would cover a lot of ground right off the bat with high quality land and then you could edit it later to make some changes befitting the 2 centuries. Plus no legal issues with that work. I can't help as I have too much college and not enough skills but I wish you guys luck and really hope this project comes together well.

Edited by harmonic

I could perhaps help around with it. I'm currently doing a few projects my own and with a few others, so it wouldn't be too much, but everything helps right?

Texturing/modelling it would be, and some map editing. I didn't mess enough around the the Construction set for oblivion, but I'm a quick learner, so It shouldn't be a big problem.

Edited by firstprice