We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Akaviri Imports

severian1981

Lorewise, aren't things like Elven, Dwarven, and Daedric katanas a little bit silly?

I kind of agree

we can argue that we should be able to make Katanas made of dwarven metal, same all other types of minerals (with a few exception), but "Elven" and "Daedric" sound kind of bad

The material can be anything, it's the style that matters. A katana in the game is just an Akaviri style, using a different material, but keeping that style still makes it a katana, the name just denotes the material or in the case of the Blades, the faction's own take on a classic style.

Lorewise, aren't things like Elven, Dwarven, and Daedric katanas a little bit silly?

I kind of agree

we can argue that we should be able to make Katanas made of dwarven metal, same all other types of minerals (with a few exception), but "Elven" and "Daedric" sound kind of bad

I couldnt care less, don't download it if you feel so strongly about it.

Weapon damage scales are based upon the materials (sort-of) and so I'm sticking to that, plus from an aesthetics perspective, it will be better to match existing armor.

Personally I find that the Elven sword in-game is way too chunky, so a more 'elegant' blade would be much more fitting.... as for Daedric, again, the previous games did have Daedric Katana's and the Daedric sword is also particularly chunky.

And what about 2H weapons ?

I want a nodachi, a naginata and a yari ^^

I was under the impression that Tachi's were longer than Katana's but it appears that I was mistaken, so yeah I'll be making Nodachi's as two-handers.

As for Naginata's and Yari's, there are no spear animations in the game as far as I'm aware, so this may not be possible yet.

If someone can make em, I can make the weapon :)