ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fast Exit help

snuke12

Just make sure the ini file will be the right version in the end to avoid any odd issues. Maybe OSR updates the ini file (deletes, then generates new), but I have never tested it. You probably need to have the new OSR, the new ini file for it, and make sure you have enabled the FastExit in the new ini file.

No problem. Happy modding! :thumbsup:

Edited by Contrathetix

Well, I installed the updated OSR and it works! Problem is, now I have missing sound effects (battle clanging of swords, shields, etc.) and the game hangs when loading saves sometimes.

Case of a fix causing more problems than it solves? Maybe I can turn off some OSR options in the .ini. Just not sure which ones.

You could check the OSR comments section. Forli had figured out how one of the heap replacements caused those sounds to disappear when combined with critical sections hooks or something. Maybe you could change the heap algorithm number and see if that helps? Assuming you have heap replacement turned on - if you do not, then maybe it is about the critical section hooks alone.

Maybe changing the heap could also solve the hangings on loading a save. I sometimes have long loading times, too, like the bar reaches the end, but nothing happens for several minutes. It does not hang, though, it just "waits" for a few minutes with music playing, and finally enters the game. Odd.

Anyway, the issue with some heap algorithms combined with critical section hooks or something (cannot remember exactly) might be the cause of the sounds disappearing. You could also try downloading the "component DLLs", placing them in "...\Data\OBSE\Plugins\Component DLLs\" folder, and changing the heap to 1 maybe, or 6 (number 6 does not require any extra dlls).

Just throwing around ideas, I do not have a chance to test anything at the moment, and it is all from memory... :rolleyes:

That's pretty good from memory!

I searched around and found someone that said he turned off the bhookcriticalsections so I set mine from what it was, '1', to '0'. That did the trick - sounds are back to normal. Hopefully that doesn't mess anything else up.

But no crashes on exit since so that's a win!

Edited by snuke12