Windows 10 "Anniversary" Update.

JaYmZeE311074

For users of Windows 10 - feel this is worth mentioning.

The "anniversary" update available - approx 3GB or so in size would seem to be well worth installing.

Whilst no fan of Windows 10 in respect to Microsofts security and privacy policies - I've been using it because of the improvement in memory management.

Anyway - installed this update couple of hours ago - where before when starting FO4 from F4SE I had a wait of a while - I assumed whilst it loaded the 200 or so MODS I have installed and occasionally CTD before even reaching start-up menu which isn't consistent in terms of what causes it (e.g. - it won't start with a mod then it will - it will start with just the official content installed then it won't etc).

Since the windows update - I now have a game that starts almost instantaneously and the occasional CTD seems to have vanished.

Why exactly - I've no idea - but the improvements as it relates to FO4 are significant enough for me to feel it was worth mentioning.

Maybe someone with superior knowledge to myself can explain it.

Regarding the privacy settings - the new install only tried to change a few settings which I've just changed back.

James.

Well I have the 1607 update installed but I do not see any increase speed at all with game loads. Now I sometimes seem to think that the game itself loads a tad bit quicker. Meaning after I start using F4SE that I get to the main game screen a little quicker. Though I sometimes wonder if it is more wishful thinking than actuality. But definitely without a doubt when I launch a saved game it takes the same amount of time to actually into the saved game. And that is slow....

After Windows 10 "Annycrappery" update, Fallout 4 drops frames when moving mouse up or down or spinning in circle while looking up or down tried everything nothing worked.

Yeah - it could be one of this things that depends on the make up of your system - but my load times - from Clicking F4SE to game start are no placebo - we're talking instanteneous from where it was a fair wait before.

Once in game, my save games load in similar times, but I've been using the Load Accelerator mod for months now, so it's quick anyway - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10283/? even with the 4K High Res pack by Valius - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/318/? installed.