Can't start New game

jsnider193

The cause? is simple ,Bethesda is making changes that avert the use of F4SE opt codes. So every one is effected instantly when a patch comes down, the patches change the opt codes the earlier versions of F4SE used. So nothing matches up. Run 3rd party add ons and risk breaking the software you paid for.

Fo4 is different in design, it uses combined technologies. Nothing will remain the same as they continue to make ready for the last DLC. Their "plans" do not include your plans and stuff your using in their games.

Just try to think out of this brainwashed box ; Script-extenders are modders tools that require updates when the game updates..in a extremely precise manner of an exacting nature.

Common issue. all mods need to update but to me ...it's a waste of time and effort to bother ,Bethesda will just do another update and shake the tree's a bit.

what I see is a massive network download frenzy taking place, over and over and over again.

There is even a miss-match in the DLC content as of right now, a lot of stuff is hosed up BY THEM !, you, the user, the purchaser of that product will just have to suffer if you mod the game.

All web sites involved are reporting these issues. F4SE as I have read, the team making these? said they are done...if true? well think about that...NO F4SE, no more problems.

Custom made mods are not a priority, default games software IS. Their plan does not include US as modders on PC's here, It involves a much larger scale across the board.

Edited by Purr4me

sorry if true .. only reason bought this game an th others in the series is the mods ... I always wait until most dlcs are out and the mod community is in full swing to play these games ... oh well if run into a game stopper again will just move on to witcher 3 and play that. Such is life but to many options in the game world to worry about one game any more. Thanx for input with this ... still curious about the one mod said could do what ran into.

Oh and big change I made on reload was not extracting the ba2 files this time especially the scripts ... put them in another place and time to experiment with.

I had a problem starting new games but what I did to fix this is I made two plugin.ini (load order list) One is fully modded I keep a back up of in a save folder the other I put in a different folder I called new game and it is just the character creation mods and that's it no weapons armor etc. before I start a new game I swap out the plugin.ini start my game create my character and leave it like that until I'm out of Vault 111 then I save my game and exit to desktop where I now use my fully loaded plugin list to overwrite the new game plugin list, restart the game again now with all the bells and whistles (Note be sure not to overwrite your lists in their backup folders so you can use them over and over granted your fully modded list will change a lot so that will need backed up before each new game)

PS I have never used a mod manager because I learned from Oblivion thru all the Elder Scrolls and fallout 3 to Fallout 4 to do all mod installs manually along with load order via notepad so if you use NMM you may want to ask someone how to make swappable load orders for it if it has it.