Armor skill points do anything without perks?

ShuMaKisO

Hey after playing for awhile I've noticed that skills that I dont put perks, I can still see them doing better by just skilling up. But I cant tell with armor skills. So, does anyone know if just skill points in either armor tree actually improve armor in some way?

Most of the perks will increase the defense rating a certain % per point or makes it so armor weighs nothing and muffles sound .... read the descriptions on the perks ....

Reading comprehension sir, try it. To answer the question, yes you will have far higher armor rating with heavy/light armor 100 as opposed to heavy/light armor 15, with or without perks.

Edited by nic1357890

Most of the perks will increase the defense rating a certain % per point or makes it so armor weighs nothing and muffles sound .... read the descriptions on the perks ....

Reading comprehension sir, try it. To answer the question, yes you will have far higher armor rating with heavy/light armor 100 as opposed to heavy/light armor 15, with or without perks.

cool thanks. Ya it lvls so slow i havent been able to see the difference like with one/two handed skill

The passive effects of each skill, ie what they do without any perks, and aside from fulfilling milestones:

Sneak makes you harder to detect

Pickpocket increases your chances

Lockpicking makes the pick harder to break, and the target area bigger.

Speech gives you better shop prices (approx 0.3% discount per skill point)

Archery/1-handed/2-handed increase the damage of the appropriate weapons. (not sure by how much)

Block reduces the damage you take when blocking

Light/heavy armor increases the armor rating of the appropriate type.

Enchanting increases the strength of all enchantments you make

Alchemy amplifies potions you make.

Blacksmithing gives better stats on things you improve at a workbench or grindstone (it doesn't affect actually MAKING things, only improving them)

Conjuration/Alteration/Destruction/Illusion/Restoration: Reduces the mana cost of spells in the appropriate school. Skill points do NOT increase damage or durations.