Female Dragonborns?

Lehcar

I don't know what it is. Some dumb "heir club for men" rubbish.. Is it because most video game devs are men? In real life, the rates of males and females being born is equally 50/50, for obvious reasons, but it seems to me like the birth of daughters is a ludicrously, astronomically rare event in video games. Compared to the birth of sons, which are common as dirt. What is up with this?

TES seems to follow the exact same trend. Seriously, besides possibly the protagonist of this game, has there ever been any mention of a female Dragonborn? I've read through game books and lore extensively, and I don't remember any mention of any, ever - alll the other Dragonborns were men. Every one of Uriel Septims' four kids were boys. The mentioned children of all the past Emperors were all sons. The only female Emperor (Empress) that I recall has ever been mentioned is Alessia, but I don't believe she was "Dragonborn".

And, knowing this never ending trend, in future games no doubt they're going to make Skyrim's protagonist canonically male. Just as they seem to have done with Oblivion. Go figure.

I don't know if this will make you feel a bit comfortable----I've chosen a female character and became a dragonborn~~

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic