[REQ] Better Object Manipulation

Midicow

I've seen a number of threads on wanting to bring back the Oblivion's style of object manipulation but..

Maybe a better way will present its possibility in the future?

This will probably require the Skyrim script extender to mature a bit first but,

anyone remember that old Jurassic park game Trespasser, that had you as a floating pair of boobs with a hand and an arm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Park:_Trespasser

Joking aside, I think that a little more advanced object space manipulation should be attempted at some point.

Here's my theory at basic, and I hope someone could improve on it;

Skyrim would work as is with this proposed mod without any changes, except if you press a button when your hands are in the holstered state.

What it would do is put a crosshair on the screen, that moved with mouse movement instead of changing the view of the character directly. Essentially, you would have to move the crosshair to the edge of the screen and then move against the screen to change your view angle.

Hover the crosshair over an item and it would pop up the item's name. Click and hold with a mouse button to 'pick' the object up, then move the mouse around and it would move the object about. Holding another button while doing this would cause the object to rotate instead.

Pressing yet another button would attempt to throw the object in the direction specified by the crosshair, with force modified by the stamania and level of the player.

Might need to use both mouse buttons to indicate using 'two hands' to move around heavy objects.

Would also be fun to have the ability to switch back to normal working of skyrim, but be able to wield the object as a blunt weapon.

Would also be great to have animated hands to go with it.

Whatchya think?