Should i join the imperial legion or stormcloaks?

TheMysteriousTraveler

Just curious, if i join the Storm Cloaks and take over Solitude, who takes over Castle Dour.

Im curious about the fact that when you take over Windhelm and you see Tulius and Rikke stand around in Castle Dour, what exactly is suppose to happen next, the only thing the Winning Faction tells you is to go kill off the remaining Faction Camp witch is Bugged since you cant kill their Leaders..

Hopefully more will be explained in the DLC Dawnguard.

Edited by daventry

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(nords hate magic)+(I love altmer mage)=(I always join imperials)

I want an alternate MQ line that instead of the blades i can join the thalmor if I am one of the dominion races(altmer,bosmer,khajit) or that it will be decided by what race you are and argonian can choose.

No matter how hard I try, the mere fact that they were trying to take my head off at Helgen means I can't join the Imperials. I guess Ralof is right, they showed their true colors at Helgen. In the absence of my character having a pre-existing character background - the Imperials will get what is coming to them.

Also, the few times I've followed the Imperial out of Helgen the guy kept referring to me as "prisoner". Dude, we are trying to escape with out lives and you still insist on calling me prisoner?

No matter how hard I try, the mere fact that they were trying to take my head off at Helgen means I can't join the Imperials. I guess Ralof is right, they showed their true colors at Helgen. In the absence of my character having a pre-existing character background - the Imperials will get what is coming to them.

Also, the few times I've followed the Imperial out of Helgen the guy kept referring to me as "prisoner". Dude, we are trying to escape with out lives and you still insist on calling me prisoner?

I think a good way to look at it is trying to figure out what the Stormcloaks would do if the tables were turned, and they captured what they thought were high-value Imperial informants.

We already know Ulfric is fine with political assassination.

I'm pretty comfortable stating any confrontation between even slightly suspected Imperial informants and certain Stormcloaks would turn out far uglier than the scene at Helgen. But, hey, that's just my opinion.

Edited by xaliqen

They were gonna execute a simple horse thief, hardly a Stormcloak informant. They set a trap, and decided to execute anyone who happened to have the misfortune of being in the trap area when it was sprung. Thats not political assasination, thats simple murder of their own citizenry.

In my opinion you should join the Stormcloaks because they want the freedom of the people

dont forget who was trying to chop your head in the begining of the game... AND, who save you.

The Imperial Legion are in peace with the Aldmeri Dominion thanks to the White-gold Corcodat

and the Thalmor want to end the worship of the greater God of all, Talos, and remember

that you are the reincarnation of Talos who was a Dovahkiin(Dragonborn) who was know

by the name of Tiber Septim.

the only thing that makes it difficult for me to choose is that a lot of the Imperials are snobbish idiots (Olfrid Battle-Born is a prime example)

but for my character to choose is much simpler. he listens to what the people of Skyrim have to say about the Empire and about the Stormcloaks and picks the side that HE is closest to.

my current build is a Nord who favours the Empire because he sees the rebellion as bad for everyone.