Should i join the imperial legion or stormcloaks?

TheMysteriousTraveler

People don't have to back up an opinion, they only have to back up facts.

If I say "The Stormcloaks are way better", this is obviously a statement of opinion and your own fault if you can't see the difference between fact and opinion.

Telling someone to shut up is just trolling. You think that you are making an argument, but matters of opinion can not be proven since opinion is not fact. So what you are doing is trolling my opinion. There is a difference.

Argument would be fact, not opinion.

I'm almost certain that the ToS allow people to make statement of opinion as long as they are not offensive. Since my opinion was a simple choice to believe that one side is way better, it couldn't be classified to such an extreme.

So basically, you are trolling my opinion, not arguing fact.

I'm done feeding you troll. I don't want to get into trouble.

So, making a pointless statement which adds nothing to the conversation and represents a biased point of view without any supporting information isn't trolling?

Ya know what, now i remember why i stopped comming to this forum. It's like talking to three year olds.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling me my opinion is pointless is no different than telling someone that their religion is pointless. It's my choice to explain what I want, and I don't appreciate you insulting my point of view by calling it bias. Learn what a bias opinion is, because you have no proof that I have not looked at both sides of the coin. It took me a long time to chose a side.

As for calling me a little kid... Obvious troll is obvious.

Telling me my opinion is pointless is no different than telling someone that their religion is pointless. It's my choice to explain what I want, and I don't appreciate you insulting my point of view by calling it bias. Learn what a bias opinion is, because you have no proof that I have not looked at both sides of the coin. It took me a long time to chose a side.

As for calling me a little kid... Obvious troll is obvious.

Well, lets review... first, you prefaced your post by saying you couldn't be bothered to read the thread.

Then you stated the stormcloaks are way better. It was a statement, you couldn't be bothered to form it as an opinion.

Then when called out on it, you called the other person a troll.

I'd say the one causing problems here is you.

Well, say whatever you want... doesn't make it true. Your interpretation of what took place was the true definition of bias. As much as I want to dissect every part of why both of you are trolls, I'm not going to for two reasons... First, because you'll simply continue to respond with more nonsense that will never end no matter how much logic I throw at you. And second, even if I did somehow gain any type of success, what would it matter? This type of discussion is only trolling and engaging in it will only bring the moderators in.

I've won arguments on the internet before, but I found that they don't do much for your ego so I'm choosing to walk away from this pointless debate over a person's freedom to have an opinion.

So I'll just say...

Cool story bro!

Stormcloaks are way better.

Stormcloak victory means power for Ulfric in the short term but disaster for Skyrim in the long term.

if Ulfric gets the throne then Skyrim will have to face the Dominion alone.

it really is that simple.

if you think that siding with Ulfric means that the Thalmor can be beaten then your opinion is based on some very flawed interpretations of the evidence put into TES:V Skyrim by Bethesda.

• 2 years later...

I don't know if anyone's paying attention to this thread anymore but I'll add my two cents, I joined the Stormcloaks mostly for this little reason here in a conversation between the Legate in Markarth.

Markarth Legate: What the rebels like to forget is that the Empire is the only thing keeping the dominion out of Skyrim.

Ondolemar just down the hall with his inquisitors: The Thalmor are here, and we're watching you.

Me: Well, great job protecting Skyrim commander.

and also this said by Rikke after an Imperial victory

Rikke: Now that the war's over maybe the Thalmor can stop with their damn inquisitions.

It doesn't unite fit with the image of the heroic protectors of Skyrim. Also tamriel wouldn't really be unified it would just be Skyrim, Highrock, and Cyrodiil. Beside the Thalmor don't seem to be that strong since Hammerfell was able to hand them their asses on a platter and haven't been bother since. Elves take longer to reproduce than humans and so the Dominion is terrified of another war in the happening to soon. Ulfric says he's going to attack as soon as possible. The rest of Tamriel won't sit still while this happens either, Ulfric references this "A darkness is growing and it will be Skyrim that will lead Tamriel to battle in the days to come."

Either way the Thalmor are screwed since even the citizens of Alinor, Valenwood, and Elsewhere are pissed at the purges the Thalmor are doing ( I.e. Malborn's family) I... think I'm overthinking this game a little too much.

Imperials. Ulfric himself basically admits all the stuff about freedom and talos is just propaganda to get followers, and that all he really wants is "to make Skyrim strong", and by "strong" he means military strength. he killed Torygg just because he felt like someone who can be defeated in combat should not be king, as if physical strength and combat prowess were more important than actual ruling. He basically wants to turn Skyrim into a military state living off wars and plunders like hundreds years ago when the Nords were but savage barbarians. He is a savage who wants to ruin centuries of progress. Plus, united Empire is the only thing that can really stop Thalmor.

Nords are always drunk, ugly and stinky barbarians but honest and true born warriors by nature. Torygg deserved to be killed because he was weak. Ulfric is the true High King of Skyrim, and Empire must to be kicked out from this harsh, cold land!