My Little Pony tag

BlackBaron2

I think instead of a "My Little Pony" tag maybe have something along the lines of "Related To TV Shows" or something like that because it will help not only My Little Pony fans but also anybody else looking for something in particular.

Haven't been able to find any Vegas "teletubbies" mods

although I remember some FO3 "Barney" mods

Edited by Fonger

As is usually the case, this just makes it easier for trolls to troll. People who like the series and are manually searching for related items are more likely to do so using search terms. But people who are likely to troll will be browsing mods without any search terms, or checking main categories in order to find a target.

The troll problem mostly outweighs any benefit that might come from this sort of thing. Much like other tag issues related to nudity mods, anime mods, child mods, ect. who are all more common but don't have the tags because it would just make those mods easier targets for haters.

I admit as a child I've seen many episodes of the "old" series. The images of the new one I've seen so far have nothing in common with it but the theme itself, but I haven't yet seen the new series either.

But I must whole-heartedly admit, I just "love" the bunch of MLP mods popping up for Skyrim as of late. I'm neither a fan nor would I ever use them myself, but did you realize what a great service they really did to the Nexus community already?

I remember times where it was like "20 members banned per day" for trolling in the MLP mods' comments! Good riddance, and it's still going on. They are like "black holes" for trolls, large-scale troll detectors, continuously cleansing the Nexus of such unwanted individuals. They just can't pass those mods without leaving a comment, and then get shown the door. All thanks to the mere existance of those mods in the database.

I don't know if a tag such as proposed would make sense or not, but as for such tags helping trolls to find those mods faster... LET THEM! :whistling:

P.S.: Of course this whole post has not to be taken too seriously... but still, they have this beneficial effect, don't they? :sweat:

As is usually the case, this just makes it easier for trolls to troll. People who like the series and are manually searching for related items are more likely to do so using search terms. But people who are likely to troll will be browsing mods without any search terms, or checking main categories in order to find a target.

The troll problem mostly outweighs any benefit that might come from this sort of thing. Much like other tag issues related to nudity mods, anime mods, child mods, ect. who are all more common but don't have the tags because it would just make those mods easier targets for haters.

You think the trolls are smart enough to use the "Search Tags" function? It would help a lot because there are many mods that have nothing connected to the search terms in the name and are therefore invisible to the ones searching for them. I found some myself by accident, but some might not find it.

Edited by Werne

I don't know if a tag such as proposed would make sense or not, but as for such tags helping trolls to find those mods faster... LET THEM! :whistling:

The problem is that, at the end of the day, the mod author still has this sort of crap cluttering their mod comments page along with countless hidden, down-repped posts, or moderator comments. Adding more of this isn't a good thing for both the author and the staff who have to deal with it.

Also, contrary to popular belief, site staff doesn't enjoy banning people (except for a few occasions) and entrapment never works well for community trust even if you are just collecting the trash. Also, occasionally you have trash which is just determined to make it their point to annoy you just because you banned them, so less banning in general means less chance of inciting one of these asshats on their "great cause" of trying to stick it to the "man".

I agree with that and I've got no idea what it means to be a moderator and have only respect for you people taking up with this stuff all day.

I have some experience from being part of the leader board of an online gaming guild and I, too, never felt fine when I had to support the ban of a member who was causing trouble to restore order and peace in the guild again. It's nothing enjoyable and not a thankful job.

But I think I can tell you the same I was always telling fellow boardmembers when not feeling fine with making such decisions. You got a pretty solid ruleset behind you. The rules are written down word by word and you are just enforcing them. You're not banning people because you enjoy it, but because they broke the rules. It's really that binary a decision sometimes.

Break the rules and you get banned. You cannot blame it on the moderator performing the ban. Every other moderator would have done the same.

You cannot call a moderator power-hungry or whatever just for doing his job without publically ridiculing yourself yet further in the process. Not to forget said "job" is completely voluntary, as a service to the community.

But wouldn't those individuals troll a mod at one point or another anyways? I mean, it's their attitude and wrong perception of the world they live in, and they will find a mod to troll no matter what. So isn't it better to get rid of them rather sooner than later?

And did I get this wrong or didn't posts from banned members, apart from the one with the moderator remark in it, automatically disappear from the comments last time I checked?

I agree with the cluttering though, having dozens of comments with yellow lines inside them most certainly won't be taken too lightly by all modders alike.

I just found it nice to see this cleansing effect said mods continuously had by attracting the trolls like honey the bees.

A category dedicated to silly mods would be very convenient for serious individuals like myself who find it annoying to fish through memes and joke mods in the search for lore-friendliness and serious changes to their game. That, and the silly mods make me facepalm.

It would be very convenient to have a tag dedicated to silly mods, as well as an option to filter them so I don't have to see them if I don't want to, while those who do can find them easier.

To thin-skinned people: trolls will troll regardless of convenience. If they can't find a silly mod, they'll adapt to trolling serious ones. Considering a more serious mindset is necessary to be a prime target for trolling, I think the memes will survive.

Besides, if you don't pull the "OMG HE TROLLING EVERYONE BURN IT!" act and throw a thread-vigilante fit, it should make it that much easier to pinpoint and report trolls on file threads.

The site should not have to compensate for trolls and hurt the site's quality in the process. Just improve where convenient and if a troll comes, ban them. Simple.

Edited by Overmind267