SPEARS, Hello and other stuff

jonathanprice

Spears are awesome  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Spears are awesome

fully supporting thing, have limited experince with modelling but i'm competant, give me another year and ill be able to work with animations. until then to get a spears project off the ground you will need a good modder to help with this, as pointed out earlier it's quite complex to impliment an entire new weapons set to the game. well just shoving spears in there as extra two-handed weapons is simple but for a proper spear experience you need an animator and a person experienced with implimenting such things into the game.

Polearms in general are an extension of your own arms. They'd have to keep some distance between you and your enemy when it comes to implementing them.

Not sure how that's done.

Here's a few spear models I will be creating soon:

Imperial Hasta:

A pretty basic infantry spear. Used by patrols or guards and will be made just as common (if not more common) as the gladius. Reliable, about 2 meters long. Used in combination with a large sheild (Making fighting them fun. With large sheild coverage and a long pointy thing keeping you at bay)

Imperial Verutum:

Light throwing spear used by Imperial Velites- Lighter armour, faster, accessories such as scalf etc. (often accompanying patrols)

(Probably hella hard to implement) You don't want one in your face.

Imperial Spiculum

Heavier throwing spear that won't go as far. 2 are carried by the most well equiped Imperial soldiers.

-------------------

Iron/Nordic Spear:

Used by some nords, usually in combination with a round wooden sheild.

Nordic Throwing Axe:

Just what it says on the tin..

--------------------

A couple of others

Training pole/Walking stick:

2 handed stick that does fatigue damage more than health damage... for all you mysterious hooded characters.

Adelaide:

(See picture on first post) I'm torn with this one.. I want it to be hella meaty. but also useable with a sheild. If it was mount and blade that wouldn't be a problem. You could switch stances. Oh well. 2 handed it is. Probably involving some sort of quest. or treasure hunt. Nothing too horrible, but rewarding. You could get a Sheild, a Sword and a Lance, as well as some pimp, southern armour i'm drawing up the concept for.

Daedric Lance/Spear:

Similar in appearance to other daedric weapons.. Gnarled and pointy and not something you'd want to be impaled on.

Glass Spear:

Perhaps.

Eastern Qiang:

It's a sword onna stick... nuff said.

This is an excellent idea. And if you're going to make some hasta spears for the imperials, a scutum shield would go nice with it. I've been thinking about modeling one as a replacer for the imperial shield, with a little modification to the deign pattern. Maybe replace the 2 rectangles on the sides with the dragon symbol.

http://legvi.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/dcp_2933.jpg.w300h556.jpg

I predict the most popular Spear mod won't be who gets them first in-game but who integrates them so they meld the mechanics.

Right now we have a weapon trinity with swords, axes, and mace-type weapons with the each having their own speed and trait that sets them apart from the others. The modder that answers the question, "How can I make them unique?" will likely be the one the community downloads from (myself included.)