uGridLoads, anyone know a stable setting ?

captainhalfajob

I've tried uGridLoads setting of 11 and 9 (starting a new game) and it crashes even before that bloke gets his head cut off.

So i've tried uGridLoads 7 this seems to work but still get CTD every 10 mins (but at least the game carries on.)

My question is, does anyone know of some memory lines to enter into the "skyrim.ini" to go with the uGridLoads bit.

For the record i have applied the [41,000 16-bit] (audio fix-thingymobob) i have 8GB of ram and 2GB of gpu-ram, i also run that 4gb skyrim patch thingy.

Thanks 4 your help in advanced.

Edited by del_boy

If you increase the uGridsToLoad, in Skyrim.ini you need to also increase the uExterior Cell Buffer (for 7 grids 144 should be perfect), and the iPreloadSizeLimit, which should be =524288000 for your amount of ram, GL.

I'd also recommend using iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1800000000, although i increased mine to 4000000000, for 8GBs of ram, and ive had no problems as of yet for the last week.

kieranh7, changing iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes to 1800000000 hasn't given you any problems then? (I noticed the caveat in the above link.) I've suspected there may be memory leakage in the game so I started running a memory de-fragger after closing the game, usually after an hour or so and then after a few hours and have never seen more than < 1% (on 16 gigs) usually only in the 60 - 80 mb range so I think I'll go ahead and boost mine as well then and see if I notice any difference.

Yes, I've been using it @ 4k for the last week with no trouble so far, i'm not quite sure if Boris (the person who first suggested this tweak that i'm aware of) had the exe patched for large addressing, and is why he mentioned to keep it under 2gigs. The maximum i have seen skyrim use in memory to date for me, with more-or-less all high-res textures released so far, is approximately 3 GBs, this is including VRAM.