Lore-friendly Teleport spells?

LazyHobbit

This never bugged me before I started playing Requiem, because Skyrim was designed with Fast Travel in mind, and traveling options are not that great. So traveling for B to A becomes extremely time consuming, especially if you already explored everything between them, or if you die at 3/4 of the road and forgot to save, and using Fast Travel destroys the purpose of the mod.
I had a few ideas, but I don't know if some of these are even possible to implement in Creation engine, and I am no modder, so I have no idea how hard or complicated these are:
1.) Mark and Recall
There are a lot of mods with very well implemented M&R spells which are really good.
2.) Divine Intervention
I saw two mods with DI, one had buyable teleport scrolls, but you had to buy special scroll for every town. And the other one was one spell for all, but you could only cast it outdoors.
My idea was a alteration spell that will teleport you to a nearest Divine Shrine, if you at least once prayed on it. Also a prerequisite for a teleportation would also be a clear bounty (which would be an optional feature). Non-Mages would have a posibility to either buy scrolls of Divine Intervention, or Amulet that will do the same thing (although the amulet might be too much).
3.) Daedric Intervention
You teleport to the nearest Daedric shrine, if you already discovered it on the map. Boetiah Shrine, Molag Bal house in Markath Sepulcher and shrine in Riften for Nocturnal... If you have refused the quest, teleportation to corresponding Daedric prince would be impossible. If you are a vampire you couldn't teleport to a Shrine of Meridia, if you save Erandur you cant teleport to Nightcaller's temple, if you desecrate the Azura's Star you can't etc., etc.... Also buyable scrolls.
4.) Mage teleportation a la Morrowind
Since there is only a CoW and no other Mage guild buildings in the game, some of the mage npcs, either new ones or already exsisting like Farengar or Wuunferth would have a dialogue option to teleport you too certain places where are other teleport mages. Not every mage would be capable too teleport you to every Hold, except the mage in CoW, and the prices will vary from place to place, based on distance.

So...YES it is possible with the creation kit. Almost everthing is possible as long as it doesn't affect 3d models (like making craters from spells) Which is also possible(for stuff like scripted events) but ungodly time and perfomance consuming(making an anim with an explosion and then reloading the cell(a modified one) etc.

1) Done

4) Farengar Done

so 1) is completly done and 4) farengar is done.

Stuff tested on farengar(whether it works etc)

EDIT:

4) Done

All cites excluding Markarth and Riften (since they are too far away) have Mages to teleport the player to nearby cities. No cost yet as I'd like to ask you for an amount(i don't use requiem so i don't know whats realistic)

EDIT2:

3) Done. a few Princes didn't have shrines (not even small ones) and others were in cities so you can't teleport to "them". There are 11 working shrines though. Keep in mind that if a shrine is indoors, the player will be teleported right ouside the door/cave entrance (since I couldn't compare their distances otherwise).

2) is gonna basically gonna be a repeat of 3) with a few changed references.

Edited by aldwyn1111

Hmmm.

1) Done.

2) Not for now. There are only 3 shrines of the divines outside of cities or interiors. Too few to make a usefull and reliable spell. So there isn't going to be a divine intervention (for now, maybe I'll change that later).

3) Done. Alteration spell with 1 second charge time, costs 25 magicka. 11 shrines supported. ("If you are a vampire you couldn't teleport to a Shrine of Meridia" not included, maybe later, scrolls not either. all spells are buyable from farengar)

4) Done. I'll apply a fee of 40-60 gold, depending on the distance. Maybe I'll change the NPCMages to custom one, with easier to find locations(at the cities entrance)

I'll edit this post and include a nexus link when I did the last tweaks and uploaded the mod.

Done!

Here is the link to the mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77790/?

If you find bugs or have suggestion for changes/new features feel free to tell me^^

Edited by aldwyn1111

That was... really fast. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, only one who doesn't have anything resembling a shrine is Sheogorath. That's fine.

I think you should make spells slightly more powerful, at least adept level spell, and higher Magicka cost. So that low level characters couldnt use it from the start. Or maybe not showing it in the sell list before your character reaches 25 in that particular school of magic? I had an idea maybe turning Mark and Recall into Alteration, Divine Intervention, if you make it (you could also teleport into the nearest temple) Restoration, and Daedric Intervention a Conjuration spell?
If you could cast the other spell from the start, you wouldn't use teleport mages.

I think that starting price to the nearest hold (Winterhold-Windhelm for example) should be 100 and rest should be applied by distance, with most expensive being around 240. You can ask somebody else if the prices are OK. I'll try it tonight.

Thanks again.
That was... really fast. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, only one who doesn't have anything resembling a shrine is Sheogorath. That's fine.

I think you should make spells slightly more powerful, at least adept level spell, and higher Magicka cost. So that low level characters couldnt use it from the start. Or maybe not showing it in the sell list before your character reaches 25 in that particular school of magic? I had an idea maybe turning Mark and Recall into Alteration, Divine Intervention, if you make it (you could also teleport into the nearest temple) Restoration, and Daedric Intervention a Conjuration spell?
If you could cast the other spell from the start, you wouldn't use teleport mages.

I think that starting price to the nearest hold (Winterhold-Windhelm for example) should be 100 and rest should be applied by distance, with most expensive being around 200. You can ask somebody else if the prices are OK. I'll try it tonight.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

M&R works perfectly. I tested it with mark in the same room, and with the mark in the different.
I didn't test Daedric Intervention because I dont have any Daedric quests solved. Might get into it later.
I tested teleport with Farengar, Falion, Sybille and Wuunferth, I teleported 10 times or so, and the only one who bugged was Falion when I teleported to Whiterun. He just stared at me and didn't teleport me anywhere, nor could I get out of the conversation. but second reload worked, it's probably nothing, unforseen stuff happens.

Prices could be slightly bigger, for example Farengar: 120 Windhelm 60 Falkreath 80 Morthal. Your prices are not that low because you have to teleport multiple times to get to Dawnstar from Whiterun. I don't want it to be too cheap.

Like I said, you could add spells to Farengar's or somebody else's spell lists, after you reach level 25 in Alteration.

If you are going to create new NPCs, you could put them in cities main hall, instead beside the gate, where they can be dragon or vampire food.

It looks really cool, for a 1.0. I just started learning to code, so anything more than "Hello, world!" looks like magic to me now. :thumbsup:

Edited by LazyHobbit

v1.1 is up.

Skilllevel requirements are added. Had to remake the daedric Intervention spell.

It was crap. literally.

If I didn't know better I'd think I was drunk when I made that. :huh:

The content of it's script selected the shrine before the quests where checked and used a function that's for finding stuff in the same cell.

Additionally to that instead of teleporting the player directly, I teleported an object there and then the player on the object! (Thats COMPLETLY useless o.O)

Well now the daedric intervention spell teleports the player to a random shrine. Since I couldn't find a working function for multiple cells.

Divine Intervention spell added, random same as daedric. I adjusted the costs and added NPC in the city halls. (they are essential btw)

It looks really cool, for a 1.0. I just started learning to code, so anything more than "Hello, world!" looks like magic to me now. :thumbsup:

Since I am using the creation kit, modding is A LOT easier. Check a few tutorials online and try some stuff. You'll learn quickly enough.

debug.messagebox("Hello, World")

or

debug.notification("Hello, World")

depending on how it should be displayed ^^