UOP Crashes My Game

yiffening

On my first couple of characters I didn't use the UOP and didn't run into anything that I couldn't resolve. If you decide to not use the UOP the UESP Wiki is an invaluable resource. All of the things fixed by the UOP for both quests and NPCs are documented, so you can find out how to avoid problems.

A handy page to bookmark is the Oblivion:Quests page. You can access almost all of the game's NPCs pages via the lists on the various city's pages down in the Quests by Location section, and all of the major quests are listed near the top of that page.

Great. With a setup that small, it should work, one would think, especially if you only have the base game patch. Could you post your load order or something, in a spoiler tag for example.

[spoiler]here[/spoiler]

Which turns to this:

here

Also, as far as I know, you would only need to run obse_loader.exe as administrator. And even that might only be necessary if using the Construction Set Extender, but I could be wrong. You mentioned that the issue was some compatibility mode and/or running as administrator: have you tried making sure nothing has any compatibility modes on, and then only ticking to run the obse_loader.exe as administrator?

Edit: If the game works just fine without the UOP but with OBSE, then the issue probably has to be in your load order or something. Crashing before the main menu is usually caused by a missing master. Or, for some reason, cleaning the Knights.esp automatically and maybe using the Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp with the cleaned one, but I have not looked much into it. But you mentioned only using the base patch, so that is probably not the issue?

Edit 2: Now this is going well, sorry, I should have thought more before posting. If that does not make any sense, I can try to explain, it is getting late and I should not be posting when tired... :facepalm:

Edited by Contrathetix