Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

[in the game world there is no incoming Thalmor invasion, or a Empire invasion towards the Thalmor. Neither are you going to die, or Ulfric is getting the throne.

It is kind of not the what is discussed now, even though it is the main point. Generally, we speak lore and logic. Evil combination right there!

I know, as I mentioned a bit earlier in the thread, I'd go with the Imperials over the Stormcloaks for a number of reasons (I think dealing with Nord racism is a more important issue than freedom to worship Talos, and I think Ulfric would be a bad king).

Putting that aside, though, it's worth noting that either way, it doesn't affect the game much (maybe Bethesda will add DLC that changes things more dramatically).

Imagine a foreign ruling faction try to outlaw worship of Jesus in USA!!! (especially the bible belt). I think Skyrim is the water down version of that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine a foreign ruling faction try to outlaw worship of Jesus in USA!!! (especially the bible belt). I think Skyrim is the water down version of that.

Well, except for the fact that Skyrim's more or less been bound to the empire for 600 years, outlawing worship of Talos wasn't strictly enforced until after Ulfric started the war, and Ulfric himself shows little regard for religion when supposedly working with the Thalmor prior to the Markarth Incident.

I fail to see how this 'foreign government' thing keeps being brought up. Skyrim IS the birthplace of the Empire. It was its first province. Claiming that the Cyrodiil based Empire is a foreign government is like saying Washington is a foreign government to New York.

I fail to see how this 'foreign government' thing keeps being brought up. Skyrim IS the birthplace of the Empire. It was its first province. Claiming that the Cyrodiil based Empire is a foreign government is like saying Washington is a foreign government to New York.

It keeps being brought up because people are referring to the fact that the Empire is no longer ruled by the Tiber Septim bloodline (Talos).

They consider the Mede bloodline illegitimate.

It keeps being brought up because people are referring to the fact that the Empire is no longer ruled by the Tiber Septim bloodline (Talos).

Do they? Seems like the province is still pretty split about the whole issue. Still, to return to the earlier example, how many people in New York do you think think Obama is an 'illigitimate' presedent? Disslike of the leadership of your nation doesn't make said nations capital an 'foreign government' and 'foreign occupation' or anything else of the sort.

Do they? Seems like the province is still pretty split about the whole issue. Still, to return to the earlier example, how many people in New York do you think think Obama is an 'illigitimate' presedent? Disslike of the leadership of your nation doesn't make said nations capital an 'foreign government' and 'foreign occupation' or anything else of the sort.

But that's not a good analogy. Titus Mede isn't just an unpopular elected leader, he is effectively a puppet of the enemy that a lot of Nords died fighting during the Great War, and he is actively enforcing Thalmor laws that go to the core of Nord beliefs. So to the Nords it really is a foreign occupation; the fact that there are signs of Thalmor influence everywhere, from their presence at your near-execution at the beginning of the game to their having a fort of their own in Haafingar, only reinforces that.

But that's not a good analogy. Titus Mede isn't just an unpopular elected leader, he is effectively a puppet of the enemy that a lot of Nords died fighting during the Great War

I don't see much evidence for Titus Mede II being a puppet. After all, he's largely responsible for the empire's victories in the Great War.

On a personal note, he seemed like a decent enough man and rather level headed about the fact I was there to assassinate him.

Again: Thalmor forts in Skyrim, going to war to enforce the Talos prohibition, etc. He's doing exactly what the Thalmor want, and getting nothing in return.

He's getting peace and a chance to rebuild. Though, there's little chance of either working what with the various rebellions.

If Hammerfell and the Stormcloaks weaken the empire enough for the Thalmor to conquer Cyrodiil, who's going to have the strength to counter them if they decide to take the rest of Tamriel? The Stormcloaks? Somehow, I doubt it. Ulfric's hardly a king that would be able to unite his people after he just finished killing any Nord who stood with the empire and continues to neglect anyone who isn't a Nord in the province.

Edited by xaliqen

I don't see much evidence for Titus Mede II being a puppet.

Again: Thalmor forts in Skyrim, going to war to enforce the Talos prohibition, etc. He's doing exactly what the Thalmor want, and getting nothing in return.

I still wouldn't call him a puppet either. The thalmor are using this time to try to screw over the empire, who says the empire isn't preparing to do the same right back?