Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

Stormcloacks should be cannon not weakling Imperials, they had their chances and they blew it up multiple times also i was suprised to see that mighty and holly Talos is not that at all, im talking about his history with Barenziah, Karliah's grandmother the painful way he made her abort a child, appears that he is a bastard after all and that Thalmor are right when they hate him who knows Talos the Pimp had maybe done something similiar to some Altmer gal. :smile:

Negative effects with Blue Team:

1.Skald

2.Laila

3.Dengeir

4.Vignar

5.Thongvor

6.Korir

& Storms are racist and only want Nords in Skyrim, as idiotic Arcadia said.

ALSO THE BIGGEST AND SADDEST THING YOU CAN'T FORCE RIKKE TO GO OUT U MUST KILL HER IN SELF-DEFENSE I FEEL SO SORRY FOR HER SHE'S ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITE CHARACTERS IN ALL

SKYRIM AND THAT SCENE WITH HER IN SOVNGARDE IS SO DEPRESSING AND SAD. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Positive effects with Blue Team:

1.Sorli

Negative effects with Red Team:

1.Maven

2.Idgrod

3.Siddgeir

4.Elisif

5.Igmund

Positive effects with Red Team

1. Balgruff

2.Brunwulf

3.Kraldar

4.Brina

& they accept all races.

Edited by ShannonRutherford

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the quest Message to Whiterun, Balgruuf tells you to take his axe to Ulfric and basically says "let's see if he will face me like a man or send his Stormcloaks"

Ulfric sends his Stormcloaks. enough said

Excellent point. Ulfric had a chance to avoid bloodshed and gain an entire hold through single combat. He wimped out.

Balgruuf's housecarl disagrees, however. She, a Dunmer that understands Nord tradition far more than any Imperial has shown to, says something along the lines of "He won't come himself, he already proved his strength, now he'll want to prove the strength of his army."

I'm also very impressed with her in several aspects, she's an awesome character. She advices Balgruuf from the beginning to stand up and take a stance, unlike his other adviser - when he suggests waiting to see, she cuts him off with "prey waits". Now that's a Nord Dunmer!

Irileth doesn't exactly disagree with Balgruuf, she just recognises that Ulfric won't face Balgruuf on his own.

Balgruuf himself knows that this is probably the most likely action as he "is a man not a boy"

it is also funny as it is known that Balgruuf went to study with the Greybeards but was unable to learn the voice.

Ulfric had that advantage over Balgruuf but still chose to send an army because Balgruuf would not have been a walkover like the boy Torygg (everyone in Balgruuf's court refers to Torygg as a boy)

Hm, I don't recall the dialogue completely, but the "a man, not a boy" part isn't Balgruuf talking about himself and how he won't back down? I think was "I am not a king, but neither am I boy"... Really can't remember.
Is it said anywhere in game that he tried to learn the Voice? All I remember is that he, like many Nords, made the pilgrimage to High Hrothgar.
Ulfric choosing to send his army doesn't strike me as cowardice in the least - not only it was the first major battle for the Stormcloaks, but also Ulfric doesn't have free pass around cities anymore. He could be assassinated anywhere outside Windhelm, which I think is the sole reason why he doesn't engage in any battle other than that for Solitude.

Hm, I don't recall the dialogue completely, but the "a man, not a boy" part isn't Balgruuf talking about himself and how he won't back down? I think was "I am not a king, but neither am I boy"... Really can't remember.

Is it said anywhere in game that he tried to learn the Voice? All I remember is that he, like many Nords, made the pilgrimage to High Hrothgar.

Ulfric choosing to send his army doesn't strike me as cowardice in the least - not only it was the first major battle for the Stormcloaks, but also Ulfric doesn't have free pass around cities anymore. He could be assassinated anywhere outside Windhelm, which I think is the sole reason why he doesn't engage in any battle other than that for Solitude.

The "man, not a boy" line is Balgruuf essentially saying that unlike Torygg, he can actually hold his own in a fight. Both Balgruuf and Torygg had more balls than Ulfric does in this regard. Torygg knew he was going to die but accepted the challenge anyways and Balgruuf was confident that he could contend with Ulfric so he challenged him. Ulfric accepts the easy challenge then sends his army to do the dirty work when there's a chance he might lose. If that's not cowardice, I'm not sure what is.

Balgruuf made the pilgrimage like many other Nords. That doesn't mean he was trying to learn the Voice from the Greybeards. Doesn't mean he wasn't either. But either way it's irrelevant.

What is relevant is that Ulfric sends his army to conquer a neutral hold and kill his own fellow Nords when if he had the guts he could've fought a duel for the same goal (and likely earned more respect that way). I see that as cowardice. Normally I don't really care about honor and tradition or whatever (guess I'm like Imperials in that way) but this is a case where he could've saved lives and chose not to just to make another political statement. If the Stormcloak army wants to prove itself, why doesn't it go challenge the Legion in a major battle instead of attacking their neutral countrymen? The whole situation reeks of fear from Ulfric who is apparently all for tradition and honor until it might not work for him then it's time to send in the goon squad.

I can't remember the details exactly but Proventus warns Balgruuf against sending the axe as Ulfric "cut down the boy Torygg" and Balgruuf says that he, Balgruuf, isn't a boy and won't back down to Ulfric's challenge.

if Ulfric was answering Balgruuf's challenge he would have been given safe passage to Whiterun or Balgruuf would have got to Windhelm.

Ulfric caused the deaths of a lot of Nords by opting for battle instead of accepting the challenge.

and by Nord custom, Ulfric gave up being Jarl of Windhelm and should have stood down, which is what Torygg would have had to do had he refused Ulfric's challenge.

Ulfric has no honour and thinks nothing of his fellow countrymen. they are tools for him to use and the only people he thinks less of are the Imperials, Dunmer and Argonians.

acording to the UESPwiki "Balgruuf journeyed to High Hrothgar in his youth, and even attempted to learn how to use the Thmu'u (though he failed to do so)."

it also says that Balgruuf continues to worship Talos, like many other high placed people on the Imperial side (Legate Rikke and Raerek to name but 2), which is no surprise considering he allows a shrine to Talos right in the middle of Whiterun