Thief overpwered?

marabunta5

Hell no! most people complain about a sneak style being OP well its not... you make assassins i make thieves.. try playing without investing in combat perks. I only have some archery ones. and that backstab one ( I needed it.. level 22 thief. one of the first combat oriented perks aside from a few archery ones and one armsman perk... ) Just try it... its fun and a lot of challenge i get beaten a lot if im discovered fighting means dodging a lot now and a lot of potions and poisons. warriors of that level beat Draugr Wights with ease.. they kill me with ease. I Have to rely on companions no matter how stupid they can be I Need em. mostly as a distraction but still.. So far that thief died 4 times... 3 times being outnumbered by bandits.. once by a blood dragon. Just. try. It! so much fun having to avoid combat a lot adds quite a challenge IMO having to find ways to beat your enemies using traps and poisions without revealing yourself

Stealth is underpowered, in my opinion. Without any methods of back entry or alternative routes, pure stealth has pretty much been reduced to, "Seen by enemies, run away!", when it could have been, "Ooh, there's an enemy here... let's see if there's another way to my destination."

All I have to say is that stealth is not over powered. There is a shout out there that can throw your voice making your enemy go into that direction. You sneak up on them and BAM dead. Also, on top of that shout, if you have the Dark Brotherhood gloves your daggers go from 15x damage to 30x damage.Lastly of that most people aren't just dagger and cloak, they are as well archery. You just open up on them with a bow that is 30% faster, and slows time down 50% AND STAGGERS THEM. So to say Stealth is under powered is shanangins.

All I have to say is that stealth is not over powered. There is a shout out there that can throw your voice making your enemy go into that direction. You sneak up on them and BAM dead. Also, on top of that shout, if you have the Dark Brotherhood gloves your daggers go from 15x damage to 30x damage.Lastly of that most people aren't just dagger and cloak, they are as well archery. You just open up on them with a bow that is 30% faster, and slows time down 50% AND STAGGERS THEM. So to say Stealth is under powered is shanangins.

But pure stealth is underpowered. You're talking about stealth combat, I'm talking about getting in and out unseen.

Your problem is the level design and you expectation to stealth. Yes when your goal is to not kill anyone than stealth is probably unsatisfying in Skyrim.

However the perks are everything but weak. At max. sneak level with all perks and good gear sometimes an enemy needs to run INTO me to notice that I'm there, all while watching into my direction of course... I'm basically invisible to the AI unless I'm out in broad day light.

However the level design with its narrow corridors and often missing alternative routes forces you to kill more than once in while.

I do kill my enemies but i prefer not to. She's a thief why should a thief kill? im working on getting that poisoner pickpocket skill only need to get much better at alchemy and i might not need blades... :3 So far ive had dungeons in wich i passed 90% of the enemies... (God i hope when the CK comes i can get a slower leveling mod... might make this easier... this is just too fast oblivion was too slow Haha ) and Bows.. those are a great option too smy thief uses them has 25% time slow and the zoom (ofc) And a bit higher damage nothing more i enjoy this play style.. Now i hope i dont encounter Dragon Priests or she's toast. =P

So let me get this straight...Stealth is overpowered when I have reached cap in the skill plus have all the perks in the tree plus have stealth gear equiped...Hmm Hmm uh Hmm uhhhh if you say so /sarcasm.

At that point I hardly see it as unfair. Your trying to tell me that the master of stealth craft is OP therefore nerf him. A master of stealth craft should effectively turn invisable at will in my opinion that's fair. Otherwise it would be far better to forgo all of those points and gear optimizations and just chug invisibility potions. Which in it's current state for stealth play could easily be argued.

I like the current state of stealth with the exception of how well lit every area of the game is. I mean really there are too many light sources in this game. Not to mention that as a theif most of the time when you are robbing a house people are wide awake wandering around in their homes rather than sleeping at all hours of the night.

Often I find that its best to perform the theif guild missions in the day of all times becuase people are out at their job as opposed to being wide awake in their homes all night every night. Most caves and dungeons are lit up providing very few shadows to hide in, it's uncanny how a candle can light up an entire cavern in some places of the game. I think for now it's perfectly legit that my theif can sneak right past someone in the open due to the lighting mechanics.

Theif is not a Darkbrotherhood agent, I should be able to beeline for the goal without leaving a trail of dead bodies for people to find. I'm playing the shadow that makes a mockery of your well placed guards, traps, and locks. I'm not interested in killing every single guard. For lore look to the Grey Fox.

Wait, stealth is balanced when you don't pick up a combat tree.

So you leveled Archery?

What?

P.S. As a stealth archer, the game is stupidly easy. One shotting everything in my path and three shotting bosses before they even realize where you are is just too OP.

Also, if they do manage to reach you, hitting the Flame Rune that you placed in front of you will surely finish them off - if not, Fus Ro Dah-ing them right back where they were surely will do the job.

Edited by vertex23