Radiant Companion Quests

Aurielius

I have finished the main Companion Quest line but seem to be in a never ending cycle of radiant quests, though I have done at least 12-14 of them I never seem to get to the end. Is there an exact number or is it main plot triggered? I keep getting... kill this bandit, clear the house, rescue this damsel in distress...is this just an ongoing generic set of quests that are given for the rest of the game?

They never do end I believe. There is a part of the companion quests that has you recover some werewolf artifact things, but other then that I don't think they will ever end.

As for the DB, the same thing happens actually. The DB has a quest at the end called "Dark Brotherhood Forever" that gives you radiant quests forever.

So I doubt that the companion quests will ever end. I don't see with Beth would do never ending assassinations for the DB but not never ending quests for the companions.

As for the DB, the same thing happens actually. The DB has a quest at the end called "Dark Brotherhood Forever" that gives you radiant quests forever.

Yeah, I had three in a row where I had to kill the "Visiting Noble" in various Hold courts. They never sleep and always wander around near the Jarl's throneroom. I left it un-checked in my journal after doing the 3rd one.

Radiant quests tend to always be in the Misc grouping. Quests related to factions or main lines are always in their own set.

You're referring to the quests like what you get from, say, a Steward; Go forth and kill this Bandit at this location. Where the location is usually a place you haven't discovered and the enemies get stocked with something akin to your level. Right?

I agree, if so, but the DB end-questline is still similar in respects to that. Maybe more like a light beer than a stout.

every guild will endlessly generate random quests at the end. it's storyline concludes when you become the leader of the guild, after that it's just pointless busywork for fun

Except for the mages guild, which seems to have some stuffs afterward, or atleast it wasn't available in an obvious way.

But yeah, you can tell unique quests from busywork by the quest actually being named and given its own bunch of journal entries.

It seems there is never busy work in the beginning. You're in, a few days later, you're their leader even tho you just met, and after that, you get to do the busywork lackey bs. This has to be the easiest, least thought-out, fastest Elder Scrolls ever. I still love it tho. For me, the worst Elder Scrolls is better than the best whatever else:) Hooray for modding.

every guild will endlessly generate random quests at the end. it's storyline concludes when you become the leader of the guild, after that it's just pointless busywork for fun

Except for the mages guild, which seems to have some stuffs afterward, or atleast it wasn't available in an obvious way.

But yeah, you can tell unique quests from busywork by the quest actually being named and given its own bunch of journal entries.

THIS.

The fact that it takes me 15 minutes to become a werewolf is kind of a peeve. I really hope that modding introduces more intermediate quests to the main lines so that there is actually a sense of accomplishment and progression on becoming a werewolf etc. :wallbash:

Edited by TheSuey