Main Questline Bugged

Dodongo79

Hello,

I am currently working on the main questline and the Path of Dawn seems to be bugged for me. The part where Baurus and I had to fight someone, we killed him, but Baurus started to cast a spell (looks like a shield spell) and two spiraling orbs are around him. I just shrugged it off as part of his programming.

Now we have to go down into the sewers and he won't move. The moment we get through the sewer door, he just stands there and doesn't walk. He won't address me, it's like he's frozen, but the game works just fine.

I decided to do some side quests and get a bit stronger before completing the questline (hoping that his spell he cast goes away) but it appears it is a bug.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? This is the first time the main questline has bugged for me. I've gone through this game 5 times so any shortcut to get me through this part doesn't bother me. (I've never gone through the Dark Brotherhood questline and decided to give it a run before playing Skyrim.)

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Mhm I've never heard of that happening. But maybe you can try console commands. Click on Baurus, open the console and type "disable", then "enable". Maybe this triggers his original scripting. Killing him won't work, since he is not essential and once he's dead, he stays dead.

Mhm I've never heard of that happening. But maybe you can try console commands. Click on Baurus, open the console and type "disable", then "enable". Maybe this triggers his original scripting. Killing him won't work, since he is not essential and once he's dead, he stays dead.

Thanks for your reply. Would console commands work on the PC game? (Sorry I didn't state earlier that I play on the PC)

Not sure what the issue you are having is, but to answer your question, the console commands do work on the PC. If you search google for oblivion console commands you will get a link to the Wiki that lists all the commands that you can use. To enter the console hit the ` key and it will open.