ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Extending the game - Plasma Research

endersblade

For me, this has been an ongoing issue in just about every XCOM game and/or clone I've played - T2 stuff just doesn't freaking last long enough. It feels like I play 60% T1, 10% T2, 30% T3. The main issue is that the research for Plasma shows up too soon, in my opinion.

Now, I'm playing the game without the Doom clock, so don't bring that up.

Sure, I could just NOT research it, or NOT research T3. Definitely a choice. But I would love to find a way to make T2 actually last longer, and not get rushed into T3. The problem I have in this particular version of XCOM is that I will fully research T2, then I get access to research T3 - but I don't currently have the resources to produce all of the T2 stuff. So I could either pump out the T2 stuff as I get the resources, or hold off, research T3, and never use T2 at all.

To me, it just breaks the natural progression of the game. I want there to be more time between T2 and T3, so that I can actually enjoy them. As it stands, most games I basically go from Conventional to Plasma and heavy armor, and never do Magnetic. I mean sure, T3 is very obviously better than T2. It just breaks immersion for me.

How hard would it be to attach Plasma research to, say, Sectopods? Or even Avatars for that matter. Just something sooner than (and correct me if I'm wrong here) Mutons, as it has traditionally been attached to in the previous games.