Trying to remove armor pieces

uruku7

Ok, when I said to copy/paste the branch, I was talking about the body NiTriShape, not the root NiNode.

Besides that there's a BSLightingShaderProperty that's here and out of everything who shouldn't be there.

Fix that and it should work.

but is there suppose to come things before doing this?

Err... I don't understand you, sorry.

Edited by Gilead Maerlyn

Ok, when I said to copy/paste the branch, I was talking about the body NiTriShape, not the root NiNode.

Besides that there's a BSLightingShaderProperty that's here and out of everything who shouldn't be there.

Fix that and it should work.

but is there suppose to come things before doing this?

Err... I don't understand you, sorry.

Many thanks!!!! Kudos and credits earned and given.

There are still a few minor details that bug me, but till we can use blender or the like it's as good as it gets. I'll put the file up tomorrow.

Nifskope can open Skyrim files, but you need to replace its nif.xml (in its installation folder) with this one.

Then, you can add a property to the mesh so that the game will use transparency on it. If you still want to "alpha them away", it's perfectly feasible.

To enable transparency, open the nif in nifskope.

Select the NiTriShape where you want transparency, right-click on it and select Node>Add Property>NiAlphaProperty.

A NiAlphaProperty node is created, change its flags to 4844 and its threshold to 128.

Select the NiTriShape again, go to the last lane of the block details and in Properties, replace None with the number of the NiAlphaProperty.

That's what I did to remove parts for my mods, since there's no full support for blender.

Oh, thanks for sharing this information. Without you, I would have wasted so many hours wondering what, what in the world happened to my Nifskope. ;-)

Thanks again for your valuable tip.

- electionis

Nifskope can open Skyrim files, but you need to replace its nif.xml (in its installation folder) with this one.

Then, you can add a property to the mesh so that the game will use transparency on it. If you still want to "alpha them away", it's perfectly feasible.

To enable transparency, open the nif in nifskope.

Select the NiTriShape where you want transparency, right-click on it and select Node>Add Property>NiAlphaProperty.

A NiAlphaProperty node is created, change its flags to 4844 and its threshold to 128.

Select the NiTriShape again, go to the last lane of the block details and in Properties, replace None with the number of the NiAlphaProperty.

That's what I did to remove parts for my mods, since there's no full support for blender.

thank you for this straight forward explanation - highly appreciated.

Be sure that if you are hiding mesh by turning the materials transparent that there is no geometry holes below it. Often times mesh components will have the polygons underneath deleted entirely because they would never be seen. Not sure if that is the case here I have not examined the mesh in great detail but, just a word of caution

• 5 months later...