CTD with Tetrachromatic ENB

EonTitan277

Hello,

Skyrim keeps crashing when I launch the game only when I'm using Tetrachromatic ENB's "enbseries" folder with version 308 of ENBSeries.

When I use the folder from just ENBSeries it works fine though.

When I use ENBv279 with RealVision and Evok ENB it works fine. Also when I use v279 with Tetrachromatic it works fine. But I would rather be using the recommended ENBv308 with Tetrachromatic ENB.

My load order is not the problem because without ENB Skyrim works fine.

Does anyone know how to help?

My specs are:

CPU: i7-6700

RAM: 16 GB DDR4

GPU: 980 Ti

I have Skyrim installed on an SSD.

Hello,

Here is a list of things that may help stabilizing your game if not already been done. :

/// Load order / mods conflicts :

/// Cleaning and correcting potential bugs :

• Clean your master files to eliminate potential problems : Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page.
    Start Tes5edit, simply untick everything, (right-click/select none) and add only a tick to the esm/esp you want to check + update.esm, Tesedit knows what to do and will load all the dependencies automatically.
    - Begin with loading only Skyrim + update, ITM / UDR + save ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Dawnguard, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Hearthfire, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Dragonborn, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.
  • The method above can be used to clean mods. LOOT should tell you which plugin you should clean. You may also do a check errors.

/// Settings / memory :

• Ensure you're not using redundant memory patches, such as SSME, skse.ini; crash fixes with the UseOSAllocators=1 enabled, or safety load. Preferably, use skse memory patch or crash fixes.
  • Memory blocks log will help to refine memory settings.
  • Backup your ini files and delete the files. Skyrim.ini / SkyrimCustom.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini found in C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Skyrim then use your vanilla launcher to autodetect and use best settings for your computer.
  • STEP INI tweaking wiki.
  • You may install ENBOOST >> ENB graphics / ENB haxx.

/// Save game :

/// Meshes healer :

• Read here, this is potentially a cause of CTD that you can resolve by following the mod procedure on this page.

/// Useful informations :

Hope this helps.

OMG. Did you not read my post at all? I stated clearly that the problem was not with my mods and yet your reply was to check my load order/mods and unrelated stuff. My problem is clearly ENB related so please offer only help with that.

I know you also gave some other suggestions like memory patches and that's fine and I thank you for that, but I'm already using the SKSE Memory Patch.

Sorry for the rant. I just personally find it very annoying when people offer suggestions unrelated to the specified problem..

<OMG. Did you not read my post at all? I stated clearly that the problem was not with my mods and yet your reply was to check my load order/mods and unrelated stuff. My problem is clearly ENB related so please offer only help with that.
I know you also gave some other suggestions like memory patches and that's fine and I thank you for that, but I'm already using the SKSE Memory Patch.
Sorry for the rant. I just personally find it very annoying when people offer suggestions unrelated to the specified problem..>

• The first part of my post is directly about your problem = you should focus on the Skyrim doesn't start, the solution is probably in the ENB tips.
  • The second part is here in case needed later in the topic. It happens sometimes people have other questions or problems. Sorry if it bothers you but you'll have to deal with it, it's how I work.

<Okay, thanks but the link doesn't work for me> do you mean you can't access to its content or everything inside doesn't correct your problem ? Just in case, here is the content :

Skyrim won't start/starts windowed

• Make sure your ini files are set up correctly.
  • Turn off any overlays or programs running in the background.
  • Make sure -forcesteamloader is in MO's SKSE launcher executable options (should be done automatically, check it).
  • If using windows 10, set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in ENBlocal.ini.
  • Make sure ENB is configured correctly. See here.
  • This can also be caused if you didn't actually put the enb preset files into the skyrim folder correctly.

I understand what you mean about maybe needing the info later in the topic, sorry for my rant :P

Also, I figured out my problem. I'm using EVGA Precision X 16 to control my fan speed. I quit the application and Skyrim works now with the ENB.

But now I have another problem. Without Precision X the fan only spins at around 22% at all temperatures causing the card to overheat under heavy gaming and the graphics driver to stop working.

So now my new question is: How can I keep my GPU cool without Precision X?

The pary does sound good, but I just tested the temps and it only heats up to about 45°c in the woods by Riverwood, so maybe only a bit hotter in more FPS demanding areas. It should be fine for now though.

But once my internet is fixed I'll try Afterburner and post back about what happens.

Thanks,