Post about your random encounters here

WarKirby3333

DB assassin's.

Hired thugs.

Imperial and Thalmor patrols with and without a prisoner.

Those fake imperial guards who are bandits.

Vigilant of Stendarr groups who attacks me on sight.

Conjuration skill related probably.

I had just arrived in Morthal by the horse cart when a Challenger approached me and wanted to fight to see who was the best wizard.

Probably because of my destruction skill.

A group of bandits marching through the forest.

Fake legionaires

Thalmor assholes

Vigilant of Stendarr guys

Thieves fighting guards in Riften

DB assassin

Thugs

Forsworn Ambush in the Reach(They literally just jumped off a small cliff and in front of me)

Scavenger stripping bodies

Headless Horseman

Mai'q The liar outside Winterhold

Mages travelling to Whiterun for the tree

Louis Letrush being murdered by a black-briar thug (waste of a good horse,If you've done the quest)

Random Stormcloak battles with the legion(Really small though, like 2-3 men on each side)

These weird alchemist camps keep popping up, with journals and stuff...

I had a Spriggan attack me today, with the usual 'infection' of the nearby creatures causing them to go hostile toward me. The problem was, I was northwest of Winterhold, in the frozen tundra with no trees or forest anywhere in sight. In the middle of a blizzard. And it was a Snowy Sabrecat and 2 Horkers that attacked me. I could barely see well enough through tears of laughter to aim my bow at the Horkers.

Not so much random encounters, as surprises.

During my first playthrough, after wiping out some baddies in Markarth, nothing happened. This time through, I was arrested and thrown in prison, where a new quest began with the Forsworn.

I was also surprised to be able to wipe out the Dark Brotherhood. As their leader was dying from my arrows, I think she said something like "Good kill..."

I'm loving the little encounters, etc., all of you are mentioning. It really does pay to hit the roads and explore, try different things.

<snip>

Who sends the assassin? I guess I haven't been marked yet.

Working on spoilers here, but Astrid was the signature on the bottom and it was from the Assassins Guild/Dark Brotherhood. (Mentions Dark Rites and all that.)

My Assassin carried a note from Astrid as well, i was attacked on the road somewhere near Markath. Flambe'd the assassin in 1 shot, was a surprise though.

Im wondering if it was because i toasted a Foresworn Camp on the plains just before the mountain roads, they seemed to be at a dungeon entrance where the ritual had recently been performed... and liberally too judging by the goat heads.

I had a confrontation with two dragons at lvl 20 or so one of them was the one i chased and other was came from a dragon grave while i was fighting but i didnt see the ressurection possibly too busy to kill the one that i chased. Also i had encountered 3 dragons at collage after the eye of magus(or sth like that) quest whenever i entered the college yard.

Has anyone killed the assassin sent after them yet? I was doing some midnight luna moth hunting and saw a shadow move at range. Sniped him with about 4 arrows and then checked out his corpse. Had a nasty letter saying that I was marked for death.

ive killed 4 of them

they stop coming after you once you complete the dark brotherhood quest line

(had one attack me while i was an assassin? they stop that now that im in charge)