Marriageable Khajiit

Zero713

Theres a console command for "forcing" marriage with any npc. I agree thought that Bethesda kinda failed in making only human npcs marriageable.

That command don't work on khajiit, because they don't have talking lines about marriage.

But there is another trick you can do, you can change any companions race to khajiit with console, although their voice will remain what it was.

Mmmm. Lydia as a Khajiit. XD

I concur, we need a marriageable Khajiit, and possibly more companions too. J'Zargo is kind of a douche.

I was messing around with the console commands. Making people who can be married khajiit, the problems there are quite amazing. Nords with only khajiit mouths and tails. Or khajiit heads with black bodys and tails. No fun in that. D: And yeah, there should be more at least khajiits around. Most try to kill me. At least I kill them last eh?

I was messing around with the console commands. Making people who can be married khajiit, the problems there are quite amazing. Nords with only khajiit mouths and tails. Or khajiit heads with black bodys and tails. No fun in that. D: And yeah, there should be more at least khajiits around. Most try to kill me. At least I kill them last eh?

As i posted some other thread, you must change them first to dremora and then khajiit. It fixes the head problems. I don't know if any other race work too but i found it out with dremora.

:thumbsup: I`d very very much like to see a marry khajiits mod too!! At least maybe a mod that would give the voice files needed for even a "console marriage" to khajiits, made from any existing khajiit lines. That might be doable even before the construction set comes?

My Khajiit girl is just heartbroken cause she has to send Kharjo away to the trade caravan to make room for a stupid quest follower, wish he could be married and waiting safely at home...

"This one feels warmth from your presence!" :tongue:

There's a lore-specific explanation for the inability to marry Bosmer or Khajiit: it's not part of their religion! (Seriously.) They have, as far as I can tell, relatively loose definitions on marriage; it's more like "good friends with fun benefits" but more complicated than that. You'd have to look it up for the details, as I don't know them.

That said, it would be nice if there were a few Khajiit or Bosmer hanging around Skyrim that were open to the idea of marriage--say, for instance, if they were raised elsewhere (instead of Elsweyr). Heinrich Oaken-Hull married a wood-elf woman two hundred years ago*, why can't I? And a PC Bosmer or Khajiit can marry any available bachelor/ette, for that matter.

...although in the case of mine character-wise, it's because my Khajiiti spellsword was born in Cyrodiil, grandson of a... slightly unhinged Khajiit woman and a city guard stuck watching a big glowing mouth-door who came to love her despite her quirkiness.

(...shut up and let me have my silly backstory.)

*To be fair, the women are less annoying than the men.

Sorry but why some who play as khajiit want to marry an argonian just to get married?. I mean you can't mate with a creature that lays eggs. Its a simple as that, sorry but im just confused you even think of marrying an argonian. I know i play as argonian but i sure as hell wish you guys had marriable khajiits in the game.

But why worry, if bethesda doesn't put up any marriable khajiits, the modders will. The creation engine comes out in january hopefully, so i wouldn't worry that much about there being no khajiit you can get married with.

PS I also think Bethesda failed with the marriage thing, i mean they don't even kiss in the wedding ceremony, you can't kiss your husband/wife. I hope bethesda fixes this in some dlc or that some modders will fix this. But i mean, an amulet of mara WTH!, couldn't they have come up with a better idea?.

Edited by argonianlord

I'd like to see the extra marriage options in, too.

The lore thing is a bit of a cockamamie reason, if I may state that this is so, because there were Khajiit and Bosmer in previous Elder Scrolls games who followed different religions. Hell, even Paarthurnax chose to follow a different system of belief. So to say that there's not one khajiit/Bosmer in the entirety of Skyrim that was raised as an orphan with Nordic beliefs is... just ridiculous.

To me, it's laziness and nothing more. And that's a shame.