Making your own ESP / Change default armor

Jackal2233

This worked for me, but somehow Lydia's display name in game got all messed up. I also tried using what I learned to change

FACT (TownWhiterunFaction)

FACT (HousecarlWhiterunCrimeFaction)

to

FACT (TownSolitudeFaction)

FACT (HousecarlSolitudeCrimeFaction)

but it didn't seem to have any effect, I was hoping she'd default to my Proudspire house in Solitude instead of Breezehome in Whiterun

Under FULL you can enter the new name. But in the hex editor add 00 (the number) to indicate end of string. Otherwise a funny box appears after the name when your cursor is on them in the game

For armor, what I ended up doing for Aela (I wanted her to have the same armor, but I wanted to upgrade and enchant what she had) I ended up putting her default to a dress and then taking away all she owned and giving her the improved armor. This worked and she has been wearing the new armor ever since.

FYI - using 00000000 for the value equals nothing. So the follower will be nekkid. Meaning they wi lequip anything you give them.

IIRC, there's a mod that enables oyu to fully equip Lydia - you cna take anthing from her inventory. This should be doable for others.

Other than that, I'm trying to figure out how hte change the classes/skills of character. I can use console commands to add sword skills and give them weapons - that works. But it's not default.

the problem is with making a mage. you cna give them destruction skills, but how do you give them the actual spells?

u can give spells to NPCs using addspell console commanded

for example:

click on npc then,

addspell 0010ddec

will add Conjure Dremora Lord spells to NPC

perks works the same way with addperk command

also i have created batch file that will create superfriend (follow, relationshiprank increase, all spells&perk, all skills 100, lv40, stats 500, speedmult 2x)

extract all files into Skyrim directory wherer TESV.exe resides

then select NPC in console then type,

bat superfriend

can be used on dead NPC then resurrect command to follow

bandits and guards doesn't seem to work very well

Edited by csj8585

What I meant was, the DOFT seems to hold the data for the whole package, for example, the TavernWenchOutfit is actually a package complete with boots and such, you can't modify the boots as it's the same package.

Hmmm... useless you edit the package itself, it does use a formID so...

Nevermind, just tried it, TESSNIP can't find the formID, the package is uneditable.

You may not be able to edit an existing package, but you can certainly add one.

Using the same method, add an OTFT record under GRUP(OTFT). (You cannot use satinize option for this. You will have to copy and paste the whole group and then delete all records under the group.)

I created a record, and copy&paste'd the existing record for most values.

I changed the form ID to an empty address (I just looked up 000FFFFF and found it to be available).

I gave it a new EDID, since this is the name of this outfit package.

Then for INAM, I just concatenate the item IDs.

So for example, if you want a package with a fine clothes and a fine boot, put 80 EE 0C 00 82 EE 0C 00.

Finally, just like your tutorial, I changed the DOFT value to match my new outfit package.

Hope this helped and feel free to reply if you find anything confusing.

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma..I'm working on a mod which changes Aela and Farkas's armor to that of the rest of the circle of the companions (wolf armor). I changed the OTFT in DOFT to the companionarmor variants i want and it works but only for awhile..what i mean by that is if you haven't started the companion quest yet then you'll see why eventually on the **SPOILER** quest where farkas is you shielf brother (pretty early on in companion questline) he changes back to his steel armor..As does Aela later in questline. Any ideas what triggers this and where i can fix?

also is there a way to change an npc's weight like from skinny to well more filled out

Edit: Nevermind I found out how through the console anyway it's: setnpcweight (0-100) 0 being far left of slider 100 being far right.

Edited by remmy88

What I meant was, the DOFT seems to hold the data for the whole package, for example, the TavernWenchOutfit is actually a package complete with boots and such, you can't modify the boots as it's the same package.

Hmmm... useless you edit the package itself, it does use a formID so...

Nevermind, just tried it, TESSNIP can't find the formID, the package is uneditable.

You may not be able to edit an existing package, but you can certainly add one.

Using the same method, add an OTFT record under GRUP(OTFT). (You cannot use satinize option for this. You will have to copy and paste the whole group and then delete all records under the group.)

I created a record, and copy&paste'd the existing record for most values.

I changed the form ID to an empty address (I just looked up 000FFFFF and found it to be available).

I gave it a new EDID, since this is the name of this outfit package.

Then for INAM, I just concatenate the item IDs.

So for example, if you want a package with a fine clothes and a fine boot, put 80 EE 0C 00 82 EE 0C 00.

Finally, just like your tutorial, I changed the DOFT value to match my new outfit package.

Hope this helped and feel free to reply if you find anything confusing.

I'm sorry but this is very confusing, I've been reading this over 50 times in 2 weeks and I'm giving up.

I'm able to change default clothing using original OTFT but I couldn't find the blades set, I would like to create a new

OTFT gearset for the blades. How do I create a new OTFT, can you plz give me step by step plz. I spent about 50+ hours and I'm giving up. Thanks for any help.

Edited by nguyenlong311

Is there an alternative to the skyrim viewer? I've been testing it out and it keeps crashing on me. I checked other comments from it's download page and it seems I'm not alone in this problem, and there's yet to be solution to this problem. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, Step 5 still isn't working for me. I tried creating a shortcut, I tried the cmd method, and I even tried renaming the TESV exe thing into fallout3.exe. It refuses to detect anything and FOMM will not load. Just to confirm I'm doing this right, where exactly is the folder that has the TESV.exe?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but this is very confusing, I've been reading this over 50 times in 2 weeks and I'm giving up.

I'm able to change default clothing using original OTFT but I couldn't find the blades set, I would like to create a new

OTFT gearset for the blades. How do I create a new OTFT, can you plz give me step by step plz. I spent about 50+ hours and I'm giving up. Thanks for any help.

After a long night i finally got it and if you still want to change the outfit of any NPC permanently and with all little Options like jewelry and Booty etc, just read my little guide here:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/499147-how-can-i-dress-people/page__st__10