Running HDR with Anti-Aliasing - Nvidia Help

lllJACKlll

Hey guys I know the differences have been covered in other sticky's throughout the forum... Just wondering how to do the anti aliasing with HDR on. I found out the best way to do this is from a nvidia profile inspector, which I downloaded. I turned on all the anti-aliasing and once I load up the game from a save it black screens and crashes..

I attached a screenshot of my Nvidia profile and if someone could tell me which ones I'm supposed to turn on (and leave off!) it would be a huge help.

Thank you in advance.

I don't know how to proceed with your way, but I suggest you install the OBSE plugin Oblivion Reloaded, which (among tons of other optional stuff) completely remove the limitation (the menu will let you enable both them).

I don't know how to proceed with your way, but I suggest you install the OBSE plugin Oblivion Reloaded, which (among tons of other optional stuff) completely remove the limitation (the menu will let you enable both them).

Oh really?! Then I can just enable 8x AA and HDR through the standard menu?

To answer your original question, for those who don't run OBSE or plugins, leave everything at defaults in Nvidia's profile for Oblivion, except set 'Antialiasing - Mode' to Override, and choose the amount of AA you want by selecting it in the 'Antialiasing - Setting' box. The tricky part is knowing to never try and set AA in the game's own video options, which always disables HDR and enables Bloom.

Also for a very nice decrease in lag times in Oblivion, change the 'Maximum number of pre-rendered frames' to 1, from its default (either '3' or 'Use the 3D application setting', depending on your driver version). It can even be set to zero in most driver versions, but mouse tracking and movement become overly responsive imo.

Edited by TheMastersSon

To answer your original question, for those who don't run OBSE or plugins, leave everything at defaults in Nvidia's profile for Oblivion, except set 'Antialiasing - Mode' to Override, and choose the amount of AA you want by selecting it in the 'Antialiasing - Setting' box. The tricky part is knowing to never try and set AA in the game's own video options, which always disables HDR and enables Bloom.

Also for a very nice decrease in lag times in Oblivion, change the 'Maximum number of pre-rendered frames' to 1, from its default (either '3' or 'Use the 3D application setting', depending on your driver version). It can even be set to zero in most driver versions, but mouse tracking and movement become overly responsive imo.

Ohh this was the answer I was looking for. OBSE looks great for increased graphics but I didn't want all the other changes, it completely alters faces and other things which I wouldn't like.

I will change the mode to Override, and I think I may just try your advice and give the pre-rendered frames to 1 a try. I'm all for better experience with less lag time. I wish I could thank you enough, gonna try this soon as I get home from work!!

You're welcome. Several other settings in Nvidia's profile will increase eye candy and/or performance in Oblivion. Here's our own profile just as an example, the only entries listed are those with settings that differ from Nvidia's defaults:

Anisotropic filtering: 16x
Antialiasing - Transparency: 8x (supersample)
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization: Off
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp

There's some confusion here:

- OBSE is an extension to the Oblivion scripts which add new tools for modders so they can create more complex mods. It also fixes some bugs in the engine, but other than that it does nothing by itself.

It's used by tons of mods on the Nexus, so it's a requirement for nearly every modded game.

- OBGE is a plugin which uses OBSE to alter the game code with a dll. It adds new features (shield on back, dynamic LOD loading, FPS manager, etc...), enhance the graphic (shaders and effects), remove some game limitations (combat on horse, dual wield, etc...) and fixes some bugs (HDR+AA, windowed mode, rooftop bug, decal life time, etc...).

Quoting my first post:

Oblivion Reloaded, which (among tons of other optional stuff) completely remove the limitation

Apart the bug fixes, everything in OBGE is optional and can be disabled in the ini. If you don't like the graphic changes, you can disable them. Edited by forli