Wearing 2 rings, possible?

domaik

10 fingers, 10 rings. A neck where I can have 5 necklaces ( Mr. T incoming!).

Enchant everything with exploited enchants, carrying + 40% one handed damage on each piece. We now got:

18 x 40% = 720% more one handed damage. I believe the game would crash at this point. As of now people host 3k damage on 1 weapon with 4 enchants. Add 14 more, and we'd be up in the 10kish. You could then mod the levels of an ancient dragon to 200, and still oneshot it.

No, unless we remove enchantents on rings and amulets, there can be no more than 1 ring. We can exploit it to heck allready, no need to make it worse.

"Then don't enchant it!" Doesn't work. Todays gamers are powergamers, coming from the world of MMOs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 fingers, 10 rings. A neck where I can have 5 necklaces ( Mr. T incoming!).

Enchant everything with exploited enchants, carrying + 40% one handed damage on each piece. We now got:

18 x 40% = 720% more one handed damage. I believe the game would crash at this point. As of now people host 3k damage on 1 weapon with 4 enchants. Add 14 more, and we'd be up in the 10kish. You could then mod the levels of an ancient dragon to 200, and still oneshot it.

No, unless we remove enchantents on rings and amulets, there can be no more than 1 ring. We can exploit it to heck allready, no need to make it worse.

"Then don't enchant it!" Doesn't work. Todays gamers are powergamers, coming from the world of MMOs.

Thats why I offered a balance suggestion to allow it for people that want more diverse enchantments instead of bonus stacking. Each ring after the first reduces the effectiveness of all ring enchants by a %. It could work. It would allow for the "why can't I wear multiple rings" and keep some semblance of balance. The usual story in RPGS is that magic jewelry that close together interferes with the other's powers.

Even if you halve the effect each time, you still add unecessary bonuses.

Nerf the enchatements. Cap it at 100% bonuses to whatever. Then if you wear multple rings, you can only have 1 enchantement on. Otherwise I can reach armor cap, huge weapon damage and 0 mana cost in every school thanks to my rings.

There is simply so much hazzle in the big picture.

Of course, a mod for the RPers out there should be fine. I just now the majority will exploit that to Oblivion and turn into a living god.

I personally hate hate HATE when games only give you two or one ring slots.

You have four fingers (thumb isn't a finger) you could put rings on. Perhaps only three since the size of most pinkies.

You should be able to have more than one (two) rings on in a game.

If gangsters (lol) can wear a fist full of rings, my character in a game should too.

Are you idiot? Thumb isn't a finger? It's like saying humans aren't animals.

Checked out the files and it appears that the BODT subrecord, the first hex set, determines the type. No idea on how to go about making two possible though.

Beat to the punch, apparently. Seems editing the BODT record to zero's means it can be equipped as a general item. Interesting.

Edited by Plutoman101