Struggling with Wrye Bash

Ovennamedheats

I'm having a hell of a time trying to understand wrye bash and how to install the darnified ui bain deal in it. I'm thinking I might be in over my head. Not only am I a noob to mods but I'd still consider myself a noob with computers, as in I've been using them most of my life but never really learned properly due to ADD and impatience and now I need to start all over from like 25 years ago. Any good books out there?

I'm having a hell of a time trying to understand wrye bash and how to install the darnified ui bain deal in it. I'm thinking I might be in over my head. Not only am I a noob to mods but I'd still consider myself a noob with computers, as in I've been using them most of my life but never really learned properly due to ADD and impatience and now I need to start all over from like 25 years ago. Any good books out there?

Wrye Bash has pretty rad readme. Just run wrye, press roung button with question mark and thats all. Just don't forget to bring boss and tes4all(for Generate Bash Tags script)

As for DarN_UI - its somewhat better to install using OBMM, since wrye cant edit oblivion.ini, so you'll have to manually change fonts in game

Wrye Bash has pretty rad readme. Just run wrye, press roung button with question mark and thats all. Just don't forget to bring boss and tes4all(for Generate Bash Tags script)

As for DarN_UI - its somewhat better to install using OBMM, since wrye cant edit oblivion.ini, so you'll have to manually change fonts in game

Wrye Bash can edit the oblivion ini - it has a dedicated tab (Ini Edits).

Oh so it can actually edit the ini itself? I thought that might have been what that tab was for but couldn't figure it out myself. If you guys don't mind, could you give me some advice on the monitor vs. tv posting I put up?

Wrye Bash can edit the oblivion ini - it has a dedicated tab (Ini Edits).

I think Timarot was referring to the OMOD installer script thingy that can be used with OBMM. Unless someone has written a BAIN install script/wizard/something for DarN UI, the font changes need to made manually. At least the OMOD script had that option when I last used it (it has been a few years since I last used OBMM).

Wyre Bash won't edit Oblivion.ini for you automatically ... it just offers an interface other than Notepad to open Oblivion.ini and ways to change values other than simply changing a value after the equals sign. It's main advantage is that it holds the changes in an "INI Tweaks" folder and offers some BAIN like ways to apply the changes. Read Wrye Bash General Readme.html Applying Ini File Edits for more details.