Issue with TES5Edit

VanScythe

Every time I try loading a file in TES5Edit, it fails. Once I take a look in the log, there's an error that states Dragonborn.esm must be placed after Update.esm. I wasn't getting this error just the other day.

Is there any way to fix this? Do I need to reinstall TES5Edit Not really sure what to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Update.esm should be right after Skyrim.esm

The problem isn't my load order. I checked and rechecked it. I've resorted the order in MO several times. I've even changed the loadorder.txt in my AppData Skyrim folder, which is the actual load order that TES5Edit reads. My load order isn't the issue. Something is wrong with TES5Edit itself, and it's only gone wrong within the last couple days, of which I have not installed any new mods or changed anything. Just one day I booted up my system and TES5Edit started malfunctioning.

Also, you can't put Update.esm before Skyrim.esm, anyway. No tool available (that I know of) will let you change that. Skyrim.esm isn't the problem. The error log states the issue is Dragonborn.esm somehow magically appearing before Update.esm, which is not possible.

TES5Edit reads the actual load order from plugins.txt, not from loadorder.txt which has less priority.

That's very odd, since the error log said it was pulling them from loadorder.txt. Changing that file fixed it for me, so I thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Any idea how or why it could have changed? Like I said, I didn't add or edit anything before the change, so I don't understand how it happened.

I use MO, so that would explain it. Nothing like that has ever happened before, though. Strange.

I thank you again for your help. I'll be sure to check both files from now on if something like this happens again.