How to lower weapon accuracy?

draganot1

Ive been working on my first mod for the past 2 weeks now and ive managed to figure out quite a bit but still cant figure out how to lower a weapon's accuracy. Editing a weapon shows a "Accuracy bonus" under the "game data" tab but unfortunately i cannot lower it below 0 (defaults to 0 on everything but shotguns, shotguns for some reason default to 100 so i cant raise the accuracy, and plasma guns to around 70 which doesn't let me raise it enough.) So is there a way to lower the accuracy on guns other than shotguns and plasma guns and raise it on the aforementioned? I cannot figure it out and cant find the answer anywhere :/

Base accuracy, recoil, etc is set through a separate Aim Model record referenced in the Weapon record. Make a copy of the vanilla one your weapon is using and reference it in the weapon record.

Increasing the cone of fire will decrease the accuracy.

Ok, i was able to find the Aim model records and after looking at them i found ill need to make 63 new Aim model records to complete my mod. So increasing the max cone angle will decrease the accuracy stat label in game right? Because i have all my desired values for all 63 records already and im not sure what the best way is to convert these values to the smaller cone angle scale. So as an example the Hunting Rifle has a base accuracy of 71, if i increase the cone angle enough the in-game label should turn to my desired target of 60 right? Is there a way to convert these rather large numbers into cone angle measurements? (I have an entire spreadsheet in excel with all the info... i dont mind manually calculating if i have too)

I have no idea how exactly the game calculates the accuracy value, it's probably some equation involving a lot of the different settings in the aim model + attachments, but I don't think it's documented anywhere. The cone of fire is basically represented by the size of the crosshair ingame, a shot can hit anywhere inside that cone (depending on the range of course). I wouldn't worry too much about the displayed accuracy stat though. Best way is to experiment - change the values and try the accuracy ingame, then adjust until you're satisfied. Then use it as a guideline for the other weapons, it shouldn't be that difficult if they are all similar weapons.

Why do you need 63 different aim models though? What kind of mod is it?

I have no idea how exactly the game calculates the accuracy value, it's probably some equation involving a lot of the different settings in the aim model + attachments, but I don't think it's documented anywhere. The cone of fire is basically represented by the size of the crosshair ingame, a shot can hit anywhere inside that cone (depending on the range of course). I wouldn't worry too much about the displayed accuracy stat though. Best way is to experiment - change the values and try the accuracy ingame, then adjust until you're satisfied. Then use it as a guideline for the other weapons, it shouldn't be that difficult if they are all similar weapons.

Why do you need 63 different aim models though? What kind of mod is it?

A mod that adds 63 gun variants to the game. Each one has different accuracy stats, damage, etc. The plan was to make 63 of them, one for each gun, but since the aim bonus works and doesn't appear to cause any issues i simply dropped the model amount to 21 and used the aim bonus for the the 42 others. Anyway, i was able to finish the mod and its on the nexus now. Thanks for the help.