[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

Correct me if I'm wrong but Sk8on replies saying that If I use the fnvedit function, I could obtain from that local number :

<Picture with the id number>

its equivalent generic IDs ?

Open up FNVedit and search, but do not use the number, use the full name, fnvedit finds it if abit slow.

the one you used as an example is "63e40".

I use fnvedit everytime i have a hard time finding what i want, you have better luck just cliking on objects that you want ingame for the referance id and then use fnvedit to get the formid.

If yes, I guess it's a mod to install (from this link : http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/475361-tutorial-adding-objects-in-cells-for-skyrim/page__st__30), am I right ?

Thats correct, however, it's not a mod, but an application that gets formid's and other information from the game, just follow the tutorial how to set up FNVedit, it's not much work compared to how much easier it is to actually find the items you want instead of using countless hours searching on fusromod.com. Don't get me wrong though, fusromod.com is used by me regurarly, fnvedit does not replace that, but i find it easier to use fnvedit to get the formid from a item i found ingame that i would like to use.

I still have to rely on fusromod.com to get the correct activators, markers or lights.

Edited by Sk8on

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is correct, i have done it with basicly every item i wanted in my house, at least when it comes to building extra rooms, that i can just get the refid and use fnvedit to search for the formid and can then spawn the wherever i want it.

for example:

I used ingame refid: "000df489" in the "formid" search field on fnvedit.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/Siomir/example.jpg

Anyone find a viable type of lighting yet?

There are a ton in the LIGH category. And there are tons of Candles to choose from if that's what you mean.

Yes I have found a Movable shadow casting torch (36343) that you can even eqiup, Ive used a couple of them to light my house Placing them in areas where i cant knock them over and they look pretty cool with the exception of a shadow that casts off of the torch model itself but its easy to hide(trying to make the torch model itself not cast shadows but havent succeeded yet).. the only problem is you start to get a pretty big fps hit once you start placing a lot of these.. the nice part about them is you can drop them and move them manually not like a lot of the other shadow casting lights. I havent found many shadow lights with models attached to them so they are hard to manage. I also tried to place them into the torch sconce activator but they do not work with those.

i had been Messing around with the invisible shadow casting and ambient lights to the Hjerim house, But having difficulties with artifacts due to the existing lights and light proximity. You can add shadow casting lights with not too much of an FPS hit as long as they arent next to eachother so im going through the lights lists on the web and trying out all the different , I found a nice purple eerie light for the secret room 000fff46 and 000fff48. 00da626 is a warmer firepit light that seems to work a little better as well but there are all kinds of nice lights including FX lights and sunlight.

If you want light with shadows i got one "a56a9".

It is perfect for fireplaces. Very warm orange on it and calm medium flicker.

Thanks for the others with shadow, i will note em down :)

In the windhelm house, if you look at the bedroom windows at different times of day/night, you will see them change color to the appropiate hour , this could be a scripted effect though, but it would be nice to see if we could replicate that effect.

Thats correct, however, it's not a mod, but an application that gets formid's and other information from the game, just follow the tutorial how to set up FNVedit, it's not much work compared to how much easier it is to actually find the items you want instead of using countless hours searching on fusromod.com.

Yeah, I can imagine that : I spend days trying to find specific dwemer's structures in order to customise "my" Archimage's apartments.

Don't get me wrong though, fusromod.com is used by me regurarly, fnvedit does not replace that, but i find it easier to use fnvedit to get the formid from a item i found ingame that i would like to use.

I still have to rely on fusromod.com to get the correct activators, markers or lights.

All right, I understand. Tx for the explanations, I hope putting some screenshots when I'll finished the reconstruction ;]

A last thing before going back to my "duty", I saw that kind of number on fusromod.com : 7.10E+62, unfortunately I haven't understand how you'd convert that. Is it always with FNVedit ?

tx for all

Hello @ all,

first please excuse my bad english.

If i place an objekt with console-command PlaceAtMe xxxxxxxx than i have to select it with a mouseclick for reference following commands like SetPos or GetAngle. What can i do with invisible objects, that i can not select with mouse? Or if want to make a batch-file to make new furniture in house, e.g.

Is there a way (command) to select an object i last created with PlaceAtMe xxxxxxxx that i can use to select invisible objects? Need this for bookselves, mannequins, ....

At this picture you can see my problem. I placed a weaponrack and i placed the correct weaponrackactivators on the tree parts of the weaponrack. The activators work on the correct place (front of the rack) but if i put weapons on the rack, the weapons appear somewhere in the room. If i take the weapons down from the activators, i can not select them to position them to the correct place because they are invisible.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/images/309299-1323718016.jpg

Does anybody nows a way to fix it? Did someone make it to place this auto-sorting-bookshelfs?

Yes that is correct, i have done it with basicly every item i wanted in my house, at least when it comes to building extra rooms, that i can just get the refid and use fnvedit to search for the formid and can then spawn the wherever i want it.

for example:

I used ingame refid: "000df489" in the "formid" search field on fnvedit.

So you are implying that I may have everything found in the game???

A couple thoughts. . . a) I am overjoyed at this news, b) I should be frustrated with all the time I took making it work with the existing ID lists, but c) I am now very worried that you have placed pandora's box in front of me and all but opened it! It's bad enough that I would spend countless hours actually playing the game. Bloody hell.

Anyone know how to get the dog to stop walking on my furniture. My own dog doesn't do that and I'm a hell of a lot scarier in game.

Also, realistic physics are delightful, but does anyone miss Morrowind? I could place an object in that game and have no fear of knocking it about. I walk into my house in Skyrim and I can hear the pitchers and platters falling upstairs.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks to all the helpful people here. Thanks to the Shawkab's mods and the guides from other posters in this thread I've managed to have some fun and decided to go with a figurine concept for my home table! :D Planning on adding more so it looks like a growing figure collection as I gather complete armor sets in my travels.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3011/screenshot51r.th.jpg