[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would help out, but i already got fallout new vegas installed, so i never had to fake any folders etc. So i know no other way than what the guide tells you to do unfortuantly. Edited by Sk8on

Yeah way past that part. Still not working, got something wrong somewhere. Likely with FOMM.

Quite strange : what kind of error message have you ?

So I created folder/files in My Games. Created folder and files it was looking for in AppData\Local. There's no options when it says Master/Plugin selection. The messages tab lists the following:

Using FalloutNV Data Path: C:\Users\Brendan\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Data\

Using ini: C:\Users\Brendan\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini

Using settings file: C:\Users\Brendan\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\Plugins.fnvviewsettings

Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\Brendan\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\Plugins.txt

Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Skyrim.esm"

[48:02] Background Loader: starting...

[00:00] Background Loader: [ C:\Users\Brendan\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Data\] Setting Resource Path.

[00:00] Background Loader: finished

Oh and the instructions for FOMM weren't helpful at all. I think I screwed that up and this is dependent on it.

So I am still having a lot of problems with lighting. Its not a matter of placing them, so much as it is finding ones htta work. All of them are too damn bright, the wrong color, or way too much shadow. Im just looking for the type of light that is originally used in the Solitude basement. That sort of yellow, non-flickering, evenly distributed with no heavy shadows light. I think I have found every single other light in the game at this point except for that one. Torch lights all have heavy shadow, candle lights tend to be too white, the fireplace lights are good, and I plan to use them later, but for now its not what I need. And the other color lights have limited use.

Additionally: Any tips on placement would be great. It seems I can never avoid getting that one bright patch on the wall. This tends to happen when I pick up an object and place the light at said object. Placing them on the ceiling seems okay, but I cant be sure till ive found this light im looking for.

Edited by ADeadlierSnake

From what I recall the general tips I have picked up around placement and in particular lights is to pick something up like a Goblet or seomthing, Hold it with E where you want to pus something and use the placeatme console comand. Not the player.placeatme one. Works for me. I use it all the time for putting walls and pillars a round a room super quick. Great when placing things that have a common axis. Hope that helps.