ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

I'm also having issues with my bat...

Here is an attempt of automatizing the creation of pieces of my room but it failed.

If anyone can tell me tips or tricks to get this kind of bat working...

What it is supposed to do:

First I spawn my item once with player.placeatme . I click the item and then supposedly this batch should place 16 versions by moving the item and then copying it in its location with placeatme...

If I try to fragment my code in 16 steps I still have to manually disable/enable between batches for items to get their right place (though the batch should do a disable / enable too I'm only beeing redundant with my code) so I don't get what is f***ed up but it is...

Because there is no "pause" the script can't do all that at once, at least not enable/disable. Unfortuantly skyrim does not support "pause". The pause would promt you to press a key to have the script continue until another pause and so on, i've mad my fear deal of batch scripts at work to make server administration abit easier, but skyrims batch script is a little limited. It works great for setting actor values or edit inventory or quest fixes, but not placing objects like this, in that case you need to make a dedicated script to each part you want placed and positioned.

Maybe I should try to do a .esp if i want to place a great number of item at once. Running out of time so maybe waiting for the CK will prove the most viable solution...

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawk thank you so much for that website!

One quick question... anyone tried to use the website on a tablet such as an iPad or the like? For some reason on the left side of the FormIDs section where you have the three rows of categories, only the right one that starts with ACU, ACI, ACTI, ... shows up, with the two other rows left of that one being cut off and with no way to access them. Anyone know of a fix for this to be able to access those categories on a tablet? It is such an amazing website and a true lifesaver to be able to just quickly pull stuff up on the iPad while still in game on the PC, I would love to be able to use all of it. Also is there an easy way to search (like the ctrl-F on PC) but for safari?

NP, it may be me just not optimizing for safari, I originally made it for Mozilla and Chrome, Explorer had issues with the menu.. but Explorer is one browser ill probably never make websites for ;)

I will look into the safari thing, chances are it is the html affecting the size of the text as you scroll over it.

Edited by Shawkab

Shawk thank you so much for that website!

One quick question... anyone tried to use the website on a tablet such as an iPad or the like? For some reason on the left side of the FormIDs section where you have the three rows of categories, only the right one that starts with ACU, ACI, ACTI, ... shows up, with the two other rows left of that one being cut off and with no way to access them. Anyone know of a fix for this to be able to access those categories on a tablet? It is such an amazing website and a true lifesaver to be able to just quickly pull stuff up on the iPad while still in game on the PC, I would love to be able to use all of it. Also is there an easy way to search (like the ctrl-F on PC) but for safari?

NP, it may be me just not optimizing for safari, I originally made it for Mozilla and Chrome, Explorer had issues with the menu.. but Explorer is one browser ill probably never make websites for ;)

I will look into the safari thing, chances are it is the html affecting the size of the text as you scroll over it.

Thank you! It is such a tremendously helpful and easy site to use. Just fantastic.

I have gotten to commandeering my daughters laptop when I am playing house in my Elder Scrolls V: Sims and need to use your website. lol That is what she says about how I play the game. That it is like Sims but with war and stuff. lol. But ya, I have been commandeering her lappy and it is really starting to get on her nerves I think because I always lose track of time and keep the lappy to long. =P

That and my computer desk isn't really big enough so her lappy is just awkward and the iPad is so much easier. I just wish it worked as well.

All that being said, I can still use the the "Decoration IDs" section on the right that has all of those categories so even with out the ones on the left it is a tremendous help and valued resource.

Edited by bevolj

Thanks Shawkab for this topic !

But I've a problem when I try something -> how did you manage to put perfectly the items on the floor??

Thx again.

Maybe a stupid quiestion, but have you tried setangle x 0 and setangle y 0? you can set angle to all items, even your weapons, armor etc.

Thanks Shawkab for this topic !

But I've a problem when I try something -> how did you manage to put perfectly the items on the floor??

Thx again.

Maybe a stupid quiestion, but have you tried setangle x 0 and setangle y 0? you can set angle to all items, even your weapons, armor etc.

Thanks ! You saved my night !

Hello everyone! I'm completely new to modding -- and this is exactly what I was looking for ! I've perused through this entire thread and I'm having so much fun modding things in my house in Solitude!

I'm also glad I added a forge. It felt strange to not see my husband Balimund working at an anvil. :)

I'm super looking forward to the CK coming out in January! I plan on building an entire house. :)

I'll post screenshots of my finished house in solitude when I'm done moving everything around. MAN those moving mannequins scare the hell out of me!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for posting all this fantastic information. It's unbelievably helpful!

Well, I am going to start on my major build tonight, which will be a rather large bit of work on Proudshire Manor (aka Solitude house). I have some minor plans w/ the existing structures, decorative upgrades, a garden, just minor things.. but, off the basement, I plan to build my own personal Fortress / Lair of the Dragonborn, and also in a different location, a small mining shaft that has some of the various ore's in place. Should be pretty damn cool when finished, but very time consuming. I will most certainly post screenshots and possibly video walk throughs when I am finished, and continue to help anyone who needs it.

I am however debating whether I want to do this on a new character that hasnt been set up, so I could distribute it as a mod (as well as use it in future games I play) or just to do it on my main character. I suppose when the CK comes out, I could set about reconstructing it for mods sake then, and take advantage of the added features I dont have now. Probably the best plan.

And everyone has said it a few times, but THANK YOU!!!! to everyone who has posted information on this thread. Without the help and work of this community I'd have never gotten into messing with Skyrim at all.

Happy modding,

Sir JuJoo Guppy of Dragonsreach

Well, I am going to start on my major build tonight, which will be a rather large bit of work on Proudshire Manor (aka Solitude house). I have some minor plans w/ the existing structures, decorative upgrades, a garden, just minor things.. but, off the basement, I plan to build my own personal Fortress / Lair of the Dragonborn, and also in a different location, a small mining shaft that has some of the various ore's in place. Should be pretty damn cool when finished, but very time consuming. I will most certainly post screenshots and possibly video walk throughs when I am finished, and continue to help anyone who needs it.

I am however debating whether I want to do this on a new character that hasnt been set up, so I could distribute it as a mod (as well as use it in future games I play) or just to do it on my main character. I suppose when the CK comes out, I could set about reconstructing it for mods sake then, and take advantage of the added features I dont have now. Probably the best plan.

And everyone has said it a few times, but THANK YOU!!!! to everyone who has posted information on this thread. Without the help and work of this community I'd have never gotten into messing with Skyrim at all.

Happy modding,

Sir JuJoo Guppy of Dragonsreach

Good luck on the build. About making it a mod, I uploaded my level 1 save remodeled Proudspire and got overwhelming requests to make it an .ESP file. I unfortunately don't know how to do that, but if you do and plan on uploading it as a mod definately make in an .ESP file and not a save file. You'll get bombarded with email requests. If you're not going to upload it, then just do it through the normal means listed in this topic.