[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

I moved around the chest in Breezehome's alchemy lab, but the interactive section still remained the same after both disable/enable and save/reload. Out of frustration, because I've done other things as well, I simply gave up and marked it for deletion. I then tried to spawn a new chest and its content was 1100g and something resembling a blacksmith's inventory. How can I clear it and will that cause a merchant to lose their stock and gold? Three ingredients I can take without feeling like cheating, but s*** worth thousands of gold... This character is still low level enough to barely manage to get the fully upgraded breezehome.

Edit: I reloaded and found another chest to spawn which -- while still having a bit of loot -- had only a flawless ametyst, a novice spell tome, two pieces of jewelry and some gold.

Edited by GisleAune

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved around the chest in Breezehome's alchemy lab, but the interactive section still remained the same after both disable/enable and save/reload. Out of frustration, because I've done other things as well, I simply gave up and marked it for deletion. I then tried to spawn a new chest and its content was 1100g and something resembling a blacksmith's inventory. How can I clear it and will that cause a merchant to lose their stock and gold? Three ingredients I can take without feeling like cheating, but s*** worth thousands of gold... This character is still low level enough to barely manage to get the fully upgraded breezehome.

Edit: I reloaded and found another chest to spawn which -- while still having a bit of loot -- had only a flawless ametyst, a novice spell tome, two pieces of jewelry and some gold.

I had the same thing happen to me, but I did take it all (Muahahaha) Anyway, the Chests I've been using was this one <000F3923 PlayerHouseChest> It's the same one as the Breezehome I believe.

Doesn't matter what chest you spawn in a player home, it won't be linked to anything, and it won't respawn. Smile, take the loot from what ever you place, then store your stuff!

Doesn't matter what chest you spawn in a player home, it won't be linked to anything, and it won't respawn. Smile, take the loot from what ever you place, then store your stuff!

But 1100g + lots of smithing stuff is too much for my character.

I've seen that there are torches along the wall in some dungeons that can be taken and placed. I use the EMB realistic mod and the alchemy (and now enchanting) room in Breezehome is very dark. What ID is there to spawn these wall-mounted torches?

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet or not, but Lordrea has a addon for Script Dragon called Decorator Assistant that works with any inventory items to move it and place it. I asked if he could add the ability to use it with other items as well. Waiting on word back from him on it. I was reading Script Dragon info on the Bethesda site and the Disrobe addon for it requires you to select the NPC in the Console, so maybe it would...Would save a few Keyboard strokes when moving stuff around.

@pmg123: Thanks again for taking the time to write such an in-depth response! :D

I've spent the past two days renovating the first floor of Proudspire and the tips you provided saved me from a lot of pain, haha. It's really ingenious that they built in a sort of smart AI just for object placement so I don't have to shift things pixel by pixel into place and can just place and rotate. I'm still mostly using the original floorplan as my base too so it's very convenient.

I see what you all hate about the bookshelves now - I'm trying to open up the first floor by taking out the posts (arches are nice but I can't for the life of me find a matching staircase that fits without leaving gaps ~_~) and I wanted to place a nice carpet down the center leading up to the mannequins, but...that bookshelf in the enchanting area...geez. There's one next to the Alchemy table, too. I also assume the light from the fireplace can't be deleted either? :I Guess I'll need to make do with having them there.

On another note, have any of you experienced some of runtime error when logging off of Skyrim after spending a lot of time decorating? I'm not much of a tech wiz, so I'm not sure what it means :x I don't seem to lose any save data despite it, though.

OK - time for me to de-lurk and say a massive thank you to Shawkab... man, your work is awesome, and to hell with those Santa retexes. Thanks also to everyone else on this thread who've made it so brilliant.

I've been busy renovating Breezehome in a low-key kind of way (more storage, mostly) but that got me thinking about esp files, because I want to make my changes swappable, without using resetinterior or relying on past saves. (Basically, I want to make an esp with a completely stripped-down version of Breezehome, with everything except the walls and the floors removed, to act as a kind of clean-slate "template" for experimenting with new stuff.)

I know a few people on this thread have been making esp files - so here's my question:

Short of checking every single "Deleted" flag in every single REFR (using TESVSnip), is there a quicker way of removing lots of items from your house with an esp file?

[edit - turns out there isn't...]

Edited by gofer32