[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the toolset gets here, you can paint the house with them! :laugh:

Yah and i will it will be every where lol like the dance party scene in blade :woot:

any date on when the tool-set is be released yeh?

this scene,the one thing Skyrim is missing vampire raves!

Edited by grayskull8

Hey all, first off... GREAT TOPIC. I've been starting to mod my house in Markarth because I like that house the best due to the large library and decent armory room... anyways, I had a few questions:

1. I spawned a satchel to put on the enchanting table... moved it using "setpos" to RIGHT where I wanted it... but for some reason, I can't interact with it where I moved it to. The action to interact with it is still where it first spawned. I tried using "setpos" on the part where you can open the satchel, but it gives an error and says "you cannot move that". This is becoming pretty frustrating, as I have the breezehome enchanting table mod installed which adds and enchanter's satchel to the table aswell... so I KNOW it's possible to do this, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

2. I wanted to add an ancient chest (because I like the way they look best) to my home, but I can't find the ID for it. Does any1 know what it is?

THANKS in advance!

1. I spawned a satchel to put on the enchanting table... moved it using "setpos" to RIGHT where I wanted it... but for some reason, I can't interact with it where I moved it to. The action to interact with it is still where it first spawned.

open console

target the satchel

disable

enable

Fixed.

2. I wanted to add an ancient chest (because I like the way they look best) to my home, but I can't find the ID for it. Does any1 know what it is?

What is the refID when you click on it in game?

Edited by Sunnie

Thanks! I did the "help chest" thing and that worked. I've used that to find Item ID's before... didn't know I could do that to find object ID's too!

I've got another question now, while there are people here and willing to help :P

Do I need to setownership on the chest that I created in order for my things to not disappear? I'm putting a good majority of my crafting equipment and collected weapons / armors in different chests (that I'm creating) and I REALLY am hesitating to dump my inventory before I know for certain.

Thanks again guys :)

Should be fine.

Disclaimer: I've mostly been using esp files to mod my house, so I can't say for absolutely certain that I've tested console-modded containers to death. Having said that, I haven't had any problems, and I don't think anyone else around here has either.

Then again, what with Skyrim and bugs, it can't hurt to set ownership to you. Belt 'n' braces, and all that.

Do I need to setownership on the chest that I created in order for my things to not disappear?

Nope, not at all. respawning is done on a cell basis not object basis. Player home cells are not set to respawn, ever so all your containers are safe.