[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

So you are implying that I may have everything found in the game???

Well, almost all, yes : I've just tried on urns, jars, walls, weapons, etc and... it works ! Simply like that. My next step is to stole the Wintherhold's magic wells with their light. Easy with the wells (I've already find their ids on http://fusromod.com), but I don't know if it manages as well the light references (the blue one with a ray)

A couple thoughts. . . a) I am overjoyed at this news, b) I should be frustrated with all the time I took making it work with the existing ID lists, but c) I am now very worried that you have placed pandora's box in front of me and all but opened it! It's bad enough that I would spend countless hours actually playing the game. Bloody hell.

Welcome to my club then ;)

I've find the dwemer's astrolab ID and I wonder how it fit at the top of my tower Mage's academy.... :D

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, can't seem to make FNVedit work. I follow the steps, making fake directories and adding files here and there but I'm not sure where the app wants the files placed. I'm up to this point:

"Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file 'Skyrim.esm'"

Gonna try to delete that value from the .txt, but doubt that would work.

@Myrphak: Hehe yes those numbers are strange, i suggest that you check what the item is called and search for it by using the "editor id" field in fnvedit, i got the

hehe yeah, physics can be a little to much sometimes, i learned that when i took a bowl and filled it to the top with gems, and when i was placing some helmets i heard som really noicy stuff behind me and when i turned around the bowl was shaking like it was an earthquake and my gems was thrown all over the place and the bowl went roof-high and landed not to far from me..oh well..thanks for making me spend 15 minutes placing gems for nothing! Thank god i learned to place static items through the console, that pain is in the past now. I miss morrowind and the placable lights, that gave you the freedom to place lights where you wanted it, even in colors.

Edited by Sk8on

Oh i have come far in redecorating Hjerim in windhelm, if you want a peek.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985888697/screenshots/?filter=app_72850

I still have a lot of work mind you, im planing to add a basement to the place as well, but i might wait for the CK.

My plan is to recreate this in the CK and make a mod out of it when CK is out.

I could make a mod now, but i do not want to do all the work noting down positions, angles, id's etc, i get scared just thinking of all the work that would be involved to complete it.

Well, for anyone curious... my issue seems to have been some sort of invisible barrier as I was kind of thinking, at least this is my conclusion at this point. I was able to build a room where I was trying to before, however I had to size it down and avoid the 'cut-off line' so to speak. When I did, everything is working fine. So just a heads up, if you run into areas where things start vanishing.. probably a barrier.. Thanks for the feedback / help!

It is an optimisation/zone tweak you ran into, beyond which nothing gets shown anymore. Ideally each bigger interior cell should be cut into these zones, connected via portals,

so you only have to calculate what is visible next to you.

The ck will enable you to edit them later on.

Got ya. Is the proudshire manor just lacking many of these? How are people working around them? everywhere I work on the markarth house i find them..

Yeah, can't seem to make FNVedit work. I follow the steps, making fake directories and adding files here and there but I'm not sure where the app wants the files placed. I'm up to this point:

Apply that precisely (not from me) and it will works :

If you lack the registration key do this:

1) Start -> Run

2) regedit

3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\

4) Create a new key(right click bethesda softworks, new->key) named 'FalloutNV'

5) Create a string within FalloutNV folder named 'Installed Path'

6) For the value, put wherever you wish to work on skyrim mods. For example, I used: D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\

Now close regedit and launch fnvedit again. This time it will spew an error or 2 or 3. But they will be useful errors like "could not find file fallout.exe at D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\"

Now just follow the directions of the errors and fix them as necessary.

Eventually it will launch just fine, but it will not load any of your mods. Create a folder called 'Data' within the folder you used at step #6. Ie: D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Data\

Inside add Skyrim.esm(the main file used for skyrim).

Relaunch fnvedit.

Edited by Myrphak

Apply that precisely (not from me) and it will works :

If you lack the registration key do this:

1) Start -> Run

2) regedit

3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\

4) Create a new key(right click bethesda softworks, new->key) named 'FalloutNV'

5) Create a string within FalloutNV folder named 'Installed Path'

6) For the value, put wherever you wish to work on skyrim mods. For example, I used: D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\

Now close regedit and launch fnvedit again. This time it will spew an error or 2 or 3. But they will be useful errors like "could not find file fallout.exe at D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\"

Now just follow the directions of the errors and fix them as necessary.

Eventually it will launch just fine, but it will not load any of your mods. Create a folder called 'Data' within the folder you used at step #6. Ie: D:\My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Data\

Inside add Skyrim.esm(the main file used for skyrim).

Relaunch fnvedit.

Yeah way past that part. Still not working, got something wrong somewhere. Likely with FOMM.

Amrok, The very last picture that you posted has a water bucket on a "Stand", I've been looking for that ID, can you plz give me form ID for that "STAND" or word hint of what should I search for in TESsnip. Manythings on here weren't name properly. Thanks for your help Amrok.

That is a Wash Basin: ID c4bbe

Oh i have come far in redecorating Hjerim in windhelm, if you want a peek.

Ha yes ! sure :]

Nice Work.

I still have a lot of work mind you, im planing to add a basement to the place as well, but i might wait for the CK.

My plan is to recreate this in the CK and make a mod out of it when CK is out.

I could make a mod now, but i do not want to do all the work noting down positions, angles, id's etc, i get scared just thinking of all the work that would be involved to complete it.

Haven't they planned to release a kind of tool in January to completely customises Skyrim ?