[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

All the error messages is normal, i get tons of them myself, the reason why your computer may freeze could be RAM related, how much RAM do you have?

I know FNVedit uses a lot of ram

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the error messages is normal, i get tons of them myself, the reason why your computer may freeze could be RAM related, how much RAM do you have?

I know FNVedit uses a lot of ram

I only have 4GB of Ram, Coirsair if u ask. FNVedit takes about 5 minutes to load though is that right?

Edited by nguyenlong311

Hye, I changed breezehome layout to the left after come into the house because i dont like the default lamp fx, it cant delete!

and now, the stair on left (at the right on that image). Anyone have problem with your follower after changing home layout? I hope lydia can walk, sleep or whatever she doing with no problem in this new layout!

~ sorry for dark image, still no lamp fx and more to do.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5779/screenshot442090.jpg

From what I recall the general tips I have picked up around placement and in particular lights is to pick something up like a Goblet or seomthing, Hold it with E where you want to pus something and use the placeatme console comand. Not the player.placeatme one. Works for me. I use it all the time for putting walls and pillars a round a room super quick. Great when placing things that have a common axis. Hope that helps.

If you actually read my post you would have known that this is what I AM doing. Im trying to avoid that big bright spot on the wall.

Anyone else got any tips on light placement?

So I am still having a lot of problems with lighting. Its not a matter of placing them, so much as it is finding ones htta work. All of them are too damn bright, the wrong color, or way too much shadow. Im just looking for the type of light that is originally used in the Solitude basement. That sort of yellow, non-flickering, evenly distributed with no heavy shadows light. I think I have found every single other light in the game at this point except for that one. Torch lights all have heavy shadow, candle lights tend to be too white, the fireplace lights are good, and I plan to use them later, but for now its not what I need. And the other color lights have limited use.

Additionally: Any tips on placement would be great. It seems I can never avoid getting that one bright patch on the wall. This tends to happen when I pick up an object and place the light at said object. Placing them on the ceiling seems okay, but I cant be sure till ive found this light im looking for.

I've seen a few comments and questions now about companions / housecarls pathing in these completely changed around homes, and I thought I would just drop a comment about that.

The issue is that you can not modify the NAVMesh (tells NPCs where they can be/path) inside these houses with the console, the toolset is required to generate new NAVMesh data. NPCs will be trying to path through your houses following the original navigational data present in the cell which makes them try to walk through your new walls, furniture, etc that you have newly placed.

You might want to take that into consideration before completely changing all the walls and floor plan inside a house with the console.

From what I recall the general tips I have picked up around placement and in particular lights is to pick something up like a Goblet or seomthing, Hold it with E where you want to pus something and use the placeatme console comand. Not the player.placeatme one. Works for me. I use it all the time for putting walls and pillars a round a room super quick. Great when placing things that have a common axis. Hope that helps.

If you actually read my post you would have known that this is what I AM doing. Im trying to avoid that big bright spot on the wall.

So I am still having a lot of problems with lighting. Its not a matter of placing them, so much as it is finding ones htta work. All of them are too damn bright, the wrong color, or way too much shadow. Im just looking for the type of light that is originally used in the Solitude basement. That sort of yellow, non-flickering, evenly distributed with no heavy shadows light. I think I have found every single other light in the game at this point except for that one. Torch lights all have heavy shadow, candle lights tend to be too white, the fireplace lights are good, and I plan to use them later, but for now its not what I need. And the other color lights have limited use.

Additionally: Any tips on placement would be great. It seems I can never avoid getting that one bright patch on the wall. This tends to happen when I pick up an object and place the light at said object. Placing them on the ceiling seems okay, but I cant be sure till ive found this light im looking for.

I have tried many different lights myself, but i can't say i ever get to avoid the brightspots. I have found a yellow-looking light though, not very bright either. "2f364" but i think there is a weak flicker on it, i did'nt get to look at it much, i was browsing through a lot of light id's when i was looking for a non-shadow orange color and found this yellow one. Not sure if that is what you are after, but at least there is something

@Kreatifbuzz: Damn good job! It looks awsome!

nevermind it's working FNVEdit is a Pain to get it to work but it worth a million times once it's working I Could now find every freaking Thing that I want, Save so much time, FOMM and TESsnip is good but nothing compare to FNVEdit when it comes to finding Base ID from Form ID.

Thanks everyone for helping out. So if you guys want to find something, Anything just Download FNVEdit and it will find stuffs for u. So if u have a hard time getting an item u want, just ~ click on item u want and get that 0003d98c into FNVEdit and it will give you 000D987D. Enough talk, back to editing.

Wasn't being funny, Sorry if I came across that way.

Okay, so as far as lights go, I was looking for the ones that are in the original Solitude house basement, typically placed around those rusted metal candle stands. Its yellowish with a very slight hint of orange. Not that pale yellow thats more common. Anyways I think I finally found it.

2f364

2f363

2edfc

These are all that color. I think the last one was the strongest of the 3.

I did run into a bit of a snag though. The lights I place have been disappearing if I go too far away from the origin point. Like a few yards away. I tried going outside and coming back in, but it kept doing the same thing. Anyone else run into this problem? Its not only these lights that have had it. And they arent flickering lights. If I stand completely still, they dont move. They dont turn on or off, or flicker. When I start moving though, they keep disappearing and reappearing. I placed them by picking up a basket, targeting the basket, and typing "placeatme 2F363", no quotes.