[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

you can't just use setpos, you must also adjust objects with setangle, use getpos and getangle first.

if the angle on the floors are not straight, try setangle x 0 and setangle y 0. Zero makes the object fall nicely into place as it should be, you may also have to correct angle z - think 360 degrees.

Example:

If object is "getangle 0" and you need to to turn 90 degrees

- "setangle z -90" to turn it 90 degrees counter-clockwise (Note the minus added to get the angle to go counter-clockwise)

- "setangle z 90" to turn it 90 degrees clockwise.

I always use set angle z,y,x to " 0 " that way it's easier to set the right angle on items.

Just remember all angles are 360 degrees, if you used "setangle 80" and it went the wrong way, use "setangle 0" and try "setangle -80" instead.

Best way to get the floors, roofs and walls right is to spawn them with placeatme at an excisting object of the same type, that way you only need to use setpos x,y,z to correct them.

I made an entire loft in windhelm this way, just spawned a floor item adjusted it until it was good and then used that very floor as an template for the next and so on.

Edited by Sk8on

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I finally got the floor straight ... that was a heck of a lot easier with the setangle! Now there is only one minor problem ... I keep falling through the floor. I tried using Enable and then exiting and reentering the house, but I keep falling through to the first floor. How do I fix this? If I keep falling through the floor not only will I not be able to extend the rooms, but I won't be able to go far since eventually I'd fall off into infinity. Is there something that I'm missing? The room that is directly below it has a ceiling and I set the floor and then did Enable, exited and reentered. I keep falling through though.

Whew! Okay, finally got it working. I ended up using setscale to make the floors larger for some areas. It looks close enough since it will all be that scale for that room. disable/enable worked. Now just have to find the right walls and ceiling ... this will be fun.

Thanks for y'all's help!

Whats the id for shelfs? not book shelfs, just regular wood or noble ones so i can display my items on.

I've tried help shelf 0 but to no avail.

000E2626 CommonShelf05

000DF47B CommonShelf04Open

000CE786 CommonShelf04

000CE784 CommonShelf03

000C8471 NobleShelf05

000C4BE5 NobleWallShelf01

000C4BE3 NobleWallShelf02

000C29F5 NobleShelf04

000C29DC NobleShelf03

000C29DB NobleShelf02

000C29DA NobleCornerShelf

0006B2AF NobleShelf01

Edit: All FormIDs above are from this web page: http://fusromod.com/formids.php?idpage=static

:)

Btw, for those interested, I think the reason we have to use the disable/enable thing is that when an object spawns it creates its physics mesh at that pos/angle. When we move or angle it the physics mesh stays where the object orginally spawned but disabling it and re-enabling it causes the physics mesh to be re-generated at the objects current pos/angle.

Edited by Simomax

Thanks for the list and the tip. Now I don't have to reload every time I miss-spawn an object. :biggrin:

heres what I've done so far since saving the world. Whats a dragonborn to do now but decorate his campsite?

Army of mannequins:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/4892/armorsets2.png

chests, shelves, tables for items and of course all the crafting objects :

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9775/campsite3.png

Thanks for the list and the tip. Now I don't have to reload every time I miss-spawn an object. :biggrin:

heres what I've done so far since saving the world. Whats a dragonborn to do now but decorate his campsite?

Army of mannequins

chests, shelves, tables for items and of course all the crafting objects

I love that campsite, but aren't you worried that some NPC thieves might come along and take your stuff?

Edited by Amrok