[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

It actually has happened before but I killed him before he got too close. Whether or not npcs can steal from you I have no idea.

Yup, they can. The thieves can actually break into your home, and if you dont have a housecarl they'll take everything you own. I've come home and found two dead thieves in my throphy room/library stacked ontop of each other.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually has happened before but I killed him before he got too close. Whether or not npcs can steal from you I have no idea.

Yup, they can. The thieves can actually break into your home, and if you dont have a housecarl they'll take everything you own. I've come home and found two dead thieves in my throphy room/library stacked ontop of each other.

I don't think they can actually break into your home. Otherwise my massive quantity of valuables left in unlocked containers in an unlocked house would have disappeared.

...and don't any of you stealthy types get any ideas.

Hi - i have searched a lot for the object ids for regular bookshelves - not the ones you can actually place books in - i'm well aware of the problems with these - i'm talking about normal shelves, for example the ones in the solitude house in the basement in the alchemy section, i always dropped things - left the house - saved - came back and arranged them in those shelves - i searched the whole fusromod section and read 15 pages of this thread but noone seems to even talk about them - can anyone help - thank you - i'm kind of stuck now renovating my house in riften because of this - also i wondered what the ids for the shelves on the wall are - or can anyone tell me the keyword i have to put in the console (help xxx 0) ?

thanx very much!

Is there a way to make items that you can use or put in your inventory not move? Like baskets, plates, weapons or other things that you can drop from your inventory? I would like to be able to place some of them using the console pos x,y,z type commands rather than the holding E button and have them stay where I want them with out falling when loading the save or reentering the house. So that I can place them just right.

Like one example is on the weapon stall near the blacksmith in Windhelm there is a bow floating in the air to look like it is nailed to one of the stalls post. If I wanted to do something like that in my blacksmith weapon area of my Hjerim house, how would I do it?

To a degree, yes, Idk about them floating up on the wall like static objects, I havent tried that. However, you can avoid the whole 'everything you drop and move resets to the place you dropped it originally' bug, by doing the following:

1. Drop all your items that you want to move, somewhere in your house. Doesn't matter where, close to the area you want them is probably logical.

2. Now go out of your house, and get a bounty. Try to pickpocket a guard while he watches or something.

3. When he confronts you, pay the fees.

4. Return home and have fun. They'll stay in place now. Don't ask me why.. I read it online, tried it, and it works. I don't get it, myself, but im glad to be able to play things. If you cant get them to stay up on the wall on their own, you can try to find a static version of the item, or maybe make a very small shelf like object that would hold it in place and not really be visible. My two cents.

Hi - i have searched a lot for the object ids for regular bookshelves - not the ones you can actually place books in - i'm well aware of the problems with these - i'm talking about normal shelves, for example the ones in the solitude house in the basement in the alchemy section, i always dropped things - left the house - saved - came back and arranged them in those shelves - i searched the whole fusromod section and read 15 pages of this thread but noone seems to even talk about them - can anyone help - thank you - i'm kind of stuck now renovating my house in riften because of this - also i wondered what the ids for the shelves on the wall are - or can anyone tell me the keyword i have to put in the console (help xxx 0) ?

thanx very much!

Try these. I think these are what you are after from your description:

000c29db NobleShelf02

000c29dc NobleShelf03

000c29f5 NobleShelf04

(ETA) 000c4be5 NobleWallShelf01 (Wall shelves)

I'm wondering if it would be an idea to create a seperate thread for requested IDs instead of this as it could 'muddy the waters' of this thread?

Edited by Simomax

I'm wondering if it would be an idea to create a seperate thread for requested IDs instead of this as it could 'muddy the waters' of this thread?

Could be a good idea. On the other hand, doing requests in this thread bumps the thread, so it might be helping keep the thread alive. :)