[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read all the thread so unsure if this has been covered. I was having major probs when leaving my house and entering again. Some of my placed objects would be stretched, distorted or out of place. I could 0 the angle for them and that would reset them but coming in and out of the house would unset them again.

I'm sure i cannot be the only person experiencing this so here is a fix i found via trial and error.

1. Place object

2. Disable object

3. Leave house

4. Enable object

5. Enter house

Edited by kastansa

What I don't understand is why it seems the ref IDs (if that is what they are; the IDs you get when you click something in console) are the same for everyone. I would have thought that each spawned object would have a unique ID to that game installation, thus person A's ref ID would differ from person B's..... But they don't?

There are two IDs. The base ID of the item is the one that references the "class" that is the template for that item. These are the ones you type in to spawn something. The ref ID (which you see when you click in the console) is the ID of the instantiation of that class. Everyone gets the same ref IDs for default objects because they are all stored in the "saves" that ship with the game. Beyond that, when you spawn something new with the console, that item is assigned a new ref ID, which will certainly be different between users of the game.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explination. :)

I've run into a bit of a snag. Hoping ya'll might be able to help me out with this. I'm still working on the lower level for Proudspire and what I'm working on is opening the room up. Getting rid of all the Pillars along the center of the room going from the stairs to the door. This I've done easily as well as filling in the floor and replacing most of the main supports. My issue is I can't find a Single Column Arch in the codes. I've found the 2-3 & 4 corner supports but I can't seem to find the code for a single corner. This is keeping me from being able finnish out the room properly. Sadly I'm kinda anal about this sort of thing so I can't move onto my next project until this is resolved.

p.s. Xazor for that Skyforge there set scale to .80 x pos to 60.25 & y pos to -615 it'll line up nice and flush and won't be too large. Remember to place another one on it and disable the original once you're done to avoid activation conflict. I only know because I have my forge in exacitally the same place.

I found this as a single column for a corner in Solitude - 5B385 - Large Corner Rounded Archway.

Hope it helps.

Also can you put up the codes for what you've found?

Thanks