[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

Has anyone had any luck getting npc's to spawn in newly created rooms? I made a basement in Hjerim, and I want to have certain npc's stay in certain areas. Everytime I spawn a NPC they get placed somewhere in the original rooms of the house. If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I am not new to this game series, however this is the first time I have played one of the games on the PC. (Never going back to a console, PC enhances it) So forgive me for being a new to this.

My current save file is in the Manor, whenever I step outside and walk back in my game will crash to the desktop. I crash each time to the desktop upon trying to re-enter the home, just started today when I finished my work on room #3. So for right now I am leaving my home and save file as is. Since patch 1.3 I have had maybe one crash a day as compared to what used to be 10.

So this makes me think that my file for Proudspire may be corrupted, or... my house exploded with all the cool stuff I did to it.

So this is where my 'noob' question comes in. Again I apologize, but I cant seem to find anyone who has had this issue with remodeling their homes.

Do cells/homes have limits on memory of object/items?

I know that the computer can play a part in this, but I was wondering if it also has limitations built into the game file itself and is as of right now something that cannot be changed. I have looked around and no one really seems to have answered this anywhere. So would my solution to this problem be to delete a section of my home that I have built?

Computer has no issue running the game on high settings. 400+ hours.

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 Dual-Core CPU 3.10 GHz

6gb RAM

Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Help would be appreciated.

CreationKit needs to get here already.

Thanks guys.

Has anyone had any luck getting npc's to spawn in newly created rooms? I made a basement in Hjerim, and I want to have certain npc's stay in certain areas. Everytime I spawn a NPC they get placed somewhere in the original rooms of the house. If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

Theres no navmesh in those custom built rooms, you won't get NPCs to stay/go in them until you build the room for real in the toolset and add a navmesh (navigation data)/

Theres no navmesh in those custom built rooms, you won't get NPCs to stay/go in them until you build the room for real in the toolset and add a navmesh (navigation data)/

Oh alright thanks!

After 3 days my kitchen is finally finished. Please check out my video. I've time lapsed it into a few minutes. Feedback welcome. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oXgF2aVSQ

Very nice. Both the video and the build, oh and nice music too! Some time back I used to build loads in Second Life, then Opensim... Objects, buildings, towns, entire simulators, so I am really looking forward to the CK coming out. I have done a bit with the console and I tip my hat to you on your effort as anyone that has used the console knows it takes some time, but I really want to wait for the CK now so I can wrap my changes up in esp's. I'm no good with moddeling itself (maybe one day) so I'll be stuck for now using stock and user submitted assets but I really can't wait to get stuck into it and make some nice buildings and stuff :)

Again, nice work, and loved the time lapse video.

Hey guys,

I am not new to this game series, however this is the first time I have played one of the games on the PC. (Never going back to a console, PC enhances it) So forgive me for being a new to this.

My current save file is in the Manor, whenever I step outside and walk back in my game will crash to the desktop. I crash each time to the desktop upon trying to re-enter the home, just started today when I finished my work on room #3. So for right now I am leaving my home and save file as is. Since patch 1.3 I have had maybe one crash a day as compared to what used to be 10.

So this makes me think that my file for Proudspire may be corrupted, or... my house exploded with all the cool stuff I did to it.

So this is where my 'noob' question comes in. Again I apologize, but I cant seem to find anyone who has had this issue with remodeling their homes.

Do cells/homes have limits on memory of object/items?

I know that the computer can play a part in this, but I was wondering if it also has limitations built into the game file itself and is as of right now something that cannot be changed. I have looked around and no one really seems to have answered this anywhere. So would my solution to this problem be to delete a section of my home that I have built?

Computer has no issue running the game on high settings. 400+ hours.

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 Dual-Core CPU 3.10 GHz

6gb RAM

Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Help would be appreciated.

CreationKit needs to get here already.

Thanks guys.

Sup dude, I'm not an expert on this but just to throw out some ideas, try turning on wireframe with TWF I think? and assure yourself that you don't have an caps even if minimal which allow you to see into the void which I know with some games would cause crashing, not sure with skyrim since people fall through the world all the time but regardless at least eliminate that possibility and you'll begin to narrow it down. Remember even a .01 on your setpos will make the void visible. Gl

First off I would like to thank all those who have contributed to this thread and site. I am a first time modder and have been able to come up with some nice stuff.

That said here we go.

Ok the 1st Manniquin I placed, I did a variable check "SV" and it was blank. So I used the command to attach a Papyrus Script (APS MannequinActivatorSCRIPT). I then did another variable Check "SV" and the mannequin now had the script. It had a few areas differnt such as MannequinActivateMESSAGE_var, MannequinArmorWeaponsMESSAGE_var, and the Poses. None of which had the ref ids. So I added them with "SetPV MannequinActivateMESSAGE 000d7511" and so forth to make them match my defualt mannequin scripts.

My mannequin now has the same script as the defaults, however I still can not activate it. So I attempted "StartPapyrusScriptProfile" and "StartPapyrusFormProfile". Both of which gave me the error stating "Papyrus profiling is disabled - profile request ignored." Talk about a slap in the face. I mean why would they give us all the power of the creators of the game to keep us from this one thing?

If any one out there knows how to enable "Papyrus profiling" please let me know. I think this is very possible one of if not the last step in placing our own mannequins.

Hope my tinkering will allow someone to get the last step!

I THINK I found the answer you're looking for if you haven't figured it out yet, but I responded to your other post on the forum. Still more work....

Hey guys, I am not new to this game series, however this is the first time I have played one of the games on the PC. (Never going back to a console, PC enhances it) So forgive me for being a new to this. My current save file is in the Manor, whenever I step outside and walk back in my game will crash to the desktop. I crash each time to the desktop upon trying to re-enter the home, just started today when I finished my work on room #3. So for right now I am leaving my home and save file as is. Since patch 1.3 I have had maybe one crash a day as compared to what used to be 10.So this makes me think that my file for Proudspire may be corrupted, or... my house exploded with all the cool stuff I did to it. So this is where my 'noob' question comes in. Again I apologize, but I cant seem to find anyone who has had this issue with remodeling their homes. Do cells/homes have limits on memory of object/items?I know that the computer can play a part in this, but I was wondering if it also has limitations built into the game file itself and is as of right now something that cannot be changed. I have looked around and no one really seems to have answered this anywhere. So would my solution to this problem be to delete a section of my home that I have built?Computer has no issue running the game on high settings. 400+ hours. AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 Dual-Core CPU 3.10 GHz6gb RAMGigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2HNVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 TiHelp would be appreciated. CreationKit needs to get here already. Thanks guys.
Sup dude, I'm not an expert on this but just to throw out some ideas, try turning on wireframe with TWF I think? and assure yourself that you don't have an caps even if minimal which allow you to see into the void which I know with some games would cause crashing, not sure with skyrim since people fall through the world all the time but regardless at least eliminate that possibility and you'll begin to narrow it down. Remember even a .01 on your setpos will make the void visible. Gl

Thank you, I will go and experiment with this in one of the other homes just to see if this can happen in skyrim. I will let you guys know. I did however try something out by going through and tearing out one section of Proudspire to see if it is object/item related. On re-entering the house the game loaded fine. So I am hoping that I have not reached a "limit", seen some people who have done some amazing things on this forum, a lot more then what I have done.

Thank you :)

EDIT

Experimented with the void in my Whiterun house, has no effect on the cell loading or crashing. Going through the Proudspire manor and making some changes that will hopefully fix the problem. My problem could be that this is a full renovation of the house. the only floor I am leaving untouched is the main floor kitchen area. Seems like there is a limit to how many things you can have in a single cell. Through this renovation though I did discover that you can indeed remove light sources with mouse clicking. The problem is, that you cant have anything behind the light, no walls or anything like that, just the void. If someone already discovered this then sorry for the regurgitated info.

Thanks guys

Edited by SpiralDynasty

Very nice. Both the video and the build, oh and nice music too! Some time back I used to build loads in Second Life, then Opensim... Objects, buildings, towns, entire simulators, so I am really looking forward to the CK coming out. I have done a bit with the console and I tip my hat to you on your effort as anyone that has used the console knows it takes some time, but I really want to wait for the CK now so I can wrap my changes up in esp's. I'm no good with moddeling itself (maybe one day) so I'll be stuck for now using stock and user submitted assets but I really can't wait to get stuck into it and make some nice buildings and stuff :)

Again, nice work, and loved the time lapse video.

Hey thanks a lot! Not tried Second Life or Opensim but i did some object building in Railworks which was good fun. Kinda reluctant to starting modding though as it is so time consuming but will definetly play around with the ck for a few weeks so i can esp my house. Like you, i am not very good with modelling and will be relying available content which i'm sure will be more than adequate.

Experimented with the void in my Whiterun house, has no effect on the cell loading or crashing. Going through the Proudspire manor and making some changes that will hopefully fix the problem. My problem could be that this is a full renovation of the house. the only floor I am leaving untouched is the main floor kitchen area. Seems like there is a limit to how many things you can have in a single cell. Through this renovation though I did discover that you can indeed remove light sources with mouse clicking. The problem is, that you cant have anything behind the light, no walls or anything like that, just the void. If someone already discovered this then sorry for the regurgitated info.

Thanks guys

I did'nt know that you could remove lights like that, thanks for the info! I mostly mod my house with tessnip these days and remove lightning by cycling through reference id's, but this might make it easier, removing walls just to disable the lighting and then enable them after you remove the light. A nice little trick to know if you accidently save your game after you place lighting in a place you don't want it.

A tip if your house continues to fail, empty all your storage and do a "resetinterior" remember though, this one completely restores your house, so anything you built since you got it will be gone. Note that also disabled objects will not come back unless you enable them again. Everything you used "markfordelete" on however, will come back.

I used this as a worst case scenario where i ran into serious troubble with my house. If you have disabled a lot of items, you can always find the reference id's with fnvedit and try to enable everything you previously disabled.