Do u like the Elves look or no?

lochlan1414

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like the Look of the Elves in This Game?

• Yes
    • No
    • I think it works for Skyrim but i hope next game they change it

I think the females look too masculine!

I have no problems with androgynous looking characters, I play an orc female myself, and they aren't exactly barbie dolls.

But I dislike the look of pretty much every female elf I've seen, as they all look too masculine, or are just straight out ugly really. I tried to make a dark elf myself, but after playing around with the customizing options for 30 minutes I still weren't happy with how she looked. I'd say the cheekbones are the greatest problem, as most elves have very emphazied cheek bones and very long and slim faces.

Females generally have a bit more rounded faces, with less sharp edged cheek bones. It's one of the things that are considered feminine looking, I guess.

But the elves with the masculine facial shapes just doesn't look that good to me. It's possible to make a feminine characters that still look somewhat cynical/proud/vicious as I assume is what they aim for in Skyrim. It's even possible to make a feminine character with a slim face and a cynical/proud/vicious attitude. But I can't say they nailed it in Skyrim,

I think the males looks pretty good though, I've seen a few that I really liked, and I find the rest to look okay.

This is an excellent articulation of what I think. Whilst I can agree with the concept of differentiation of the elves from the humans, I just would have liked more sliders to be able to differentiate the males from females.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They simply stole the elf looks from Dragon Age 2. It did not look good in DA2, and it does not look good here. But I don't really care, I don't play Skyrim to look pretty.

Well considering they started making this game before well before the first Dragon Age I'm going to have to disagree.

What I will say about the look of the elves is that they now seem different enough to be considered another race. Its easy to single out Khajiit and Argonians as different. And this was always missing from elves for me. I'd want cosmetic difference to mimic, the inherent differences of the racial talents etc. One of the problems in Oblivion was the homogenous nature of the humanoid races. There was such a small difference between playing Redguard, Imperial, Breton, Nord, Dark Elf, and Wood Elf. (High Elves felt a bit more different because of crazy magicka stuff) but the new look, has really enhanced the feeling. My characters actually FEEL different, even though I might be playing a similar class.