[REL] Script 'Dragon'

AlexanderBlade

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay,

I have spent a good few hours now trying to get Script Dragon working, more on principle at this point than out of any desire to have ScriptDragon-dependant mods, and have scoured every troubleshooting thread I can find. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I am running Skyrim game version 1.3.10, and I downloaded ScriptDragon_1.3.10.0.zip. I then extracted dinput8.dll, ScriptDragon.dll, and all of the .asi and .ini files into my root game directory (the same one where TESV.exe is located). I opened SkyrimLauncher.exe, and checked every box on the window, including "Load Loose Files". I closed the launcher, then ran the game using skse_loader.exe. SKSE loaded fine, which indicates to me that the modified dinput8.dll is being loaded, but ScriptDragon isn't. Furthermore, it is not producing any .log files in the root of the game directory, and the skse_loader.log and skse.log files look normal.

I run archlinux, so I am launching the game through wine, but I don't believe that should be causing any problems, since the game itself runs fine. I have also tried launching the game through SkyrimLauncher.exe and TESV.exe, with the same results.

So what am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

Just for giggles, I decided to put scriptdragon.dll into ./Data/SKSE/Plugins and, interestingly, when I launched skse_loader.exe this time a scriptdragon.log file WAS created:

checking game version

current (1.3.10.0) game version is supported

However, the game crashed (semi-predictably, I suppose) immediately after, with this rather obvious error in skse.log:

checking plugin C:\Program Files\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\scriptdragon.dll

plugin C:\Program Files\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\scriptdragon.dll does not appear to be an SKSE plugin

Edited by 24echoes

Same here, tried everything. It just plain doesn't work.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT!

For some reason, this guy made a BIN folder. You do not want to leave those files in that folder. You want to pull them from that folder, to the main Skyrim folder. The asi folder is fine the way it is.

I would suggest the script dragon creator remove the bin folder, and leave those files loose. Then he can put in the readme to extract the archive to the Skyrim directory.

This will avoid much confusion!

Edited by thedemoninside

so, when you load, you know how those words show up in the top right? is there any way to disable that?

i feel the same way,... Script Dragon is working fine,.. no issues.. but the messages are anoying...

i die a lot, and sometimes i die before the messages are even over (i know, i stink,.... but thats beside the point)...

and... im using the Revides Horse mod, its a nice mod, i like it, but again... the messages!

it would be fine if all it said was, your horse: will stay here or :will follow you. but no.. it has to says " Script Dragon [Revised Horse Mod] Your horse will stay here." every single time,... makes me pull my hair out.....